WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Comfortable, but a hassle with key cards being deactivated during stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express College Station

Holiday Inn Express College Station
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in College Station
Houston, Texas
“Comfortable, but a hassle with key cards being deactivated during stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

We stayed here during our fire training and the rooms are pretty comfortable. I got a decent nights sleep. The tub filled up with water mid-way through showers. Pretty much every time we stay here, they deactivate some or all of the key cards while we are at training. They eventually get it all sorted out so that we can get back into our rooms. Luckily for me, there was a cleaning lady in my room so that I could get in and get my things. Other than that, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

Went to go see a football game in college station. Room was clean, hotel was well staffed. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

We recently stayed in the Holiday Inn Express because we went to an Aggie football game – Gig ‘em! This hotel is relatively new, as is everything else in the area, because it wasn’t here 10-years ago when I was in College Station last.

The location is great! It’s close to many restaurants, just off the main highway, and a few minutes from Texas A&M University. The only drawback to its location is that on game days, University Boulevard can get backed up, so you should know how to navigate the back roads to get back to the hotel.

Check in was pretty simple and easy. I arrived early in the morning and asked about early check-in. Luckily for me, my room was available. The front desk told me exactly where to go and asked if I needed help with anything. She was very friendly!

When I got into the room (I was in 103), the ceilings were really high! I think because the hotel is on a hill and in order to make the second floor level, the rooms at the bottom of the hill, such as mine, has high ceilings, and the ceilings progressively become normal on the first floor as you head up the hill. At any rate, the room size was decent.

I had a room with two double beds because there were four of us sleeping in the same room. Our room was handicapped accessible, so all the bells and whistles were there. There was a small fridge in the room, a decent sized flat panel television, desk, two chairs, a microwave, and a sink in the room. It was strange that the plumbing for the sink wasn’t hidden, though.

The bathroom was large and was pretty basic.

Overall, the room was decent. It was clean, and it was a good place to spend the night. The only drawback is that there wasn’t enough parking at night, so I had to get creative with my parking spot.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank BoysInNY
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

While this hotel has been rebranded with the new logo, they are still doing a bit of work on the tiles in the lobby. The desk clerk when I checked in was about as lax as could be - Didn't recognize my Platinum status, didn't tell me where the elevators were, when breakfast was.. just checked me in and gave me my room key. Stoned college kids, whaddya gonna do? The room was fine though, but a little pricey at about 140$/night after the taxes. The location is great, with plenty of restaurant options within easy walking distance. My room did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee make and a 'smallish' flat screen TV. The wireless internet worked fine.

140$ a night though is too much for a Holiday Inn in podunk Texas.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

my wife and i evacuated to college station for hurricane ike. found bugs in room and bug tracks on head board of bed. let manager know about situation. i was told there was nothing they could do. my wife and i went out and bought cleaning supplies and cleaned room top to bottom. upon check out was charged different price than was quoted upon making reservations and i was double charged on my credit card. needless to say that this is one hotel that i will not ever use again.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank ike-evacuee
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2008

I am staying here to visit Texas A&M for a workshop. I was pretty much satisfied until this morning. I got out of bed and noticed a small reddish dead bug in my bed with a couple of blood marks on the sheets. I'm suspecting bed bugs and am super, super grossed out. I still have to stay here one more night and have no idea how I'm going to make it through! And I'm terrified I'm going to bring home bed bugs to my house! This is the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced in my life.

Other than the bed bugs, I had nothing to complain about. I would not have complained about the hotel at all. The people were really nice...but this is the first time I've ever seen a dead bug in my bed and I've traveled a lot.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank sarahbethe
Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2008

Booked a one night stay at the hotel because of an early morning Boy Scout event at A&M university that we were attending on a Saturday.

The room was fine, we were only there from about 9pm until 7 am because of the event so I really don't have much experience on the service but when I got back home on Monday and checked my bank account I noticed that the hotel had charged my debit card $500 dollars, which was particularly odd since I had paid in cash when I checked in.

Upon contacting the hotel I was immediatly given the manager who told me in a huff that I had been smoking in my room and thats why I had been charged the $500. I told him that was quite funny because I don't smoke so what proof did he have for charging my account. He stated that the cleaning service smelled smoke when they cleaned my room so they automatically charged me upon hearing that. Upon further complaint from me, he agreed to refund the $500 bucks but it was a pain to wait 7 days until it showed back up in my account.

Just beware that they can pull crap like this if you don't watch out.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bank Account being charged without knowledge
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)