“Enjoyed my visit!”

George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum is a research institution and academic environment dedicated to the preservation, research and exhibit of official records, personal papers and memorabilia from the life and career of George H.W. Bush, the 41st President of the United States, with more than 43 million pages of official and personal papers, 2 million photos, 2,500 hours of videotape and 100,000 museum objects. Covering much of U.S. history since 1941, the library and museum features a World War II Avenger Torpedo Bomber, a 1947 Studebaker, a piece of the Berlin Wall, and precise replicas of President Bush's Oval Office, Camp David office and White House Situation Room. The museum also features a temporary exhibit gallery which lends to an ever-changing museum to visit. Museum hours are Monday through Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.; closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What can I say? George and Barbara Bush are my heroes and I was thrilled to finally make it to his library. I spent 5 hours here as I wanted to take it all in. Loved having my picture taken in his oval office. Very interactive and I enjoyed the audio tour as well. The library is on the edge of campus and is beautiful inside and out. Very easy to get to and plenty of free parking.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)
All reviews
"bush presidential library"
in 12 reviews
"oval office replica"

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I typically do not like museums. My friend and I decided to go based upon the great reviews and I am so glad we did! This facility is breathtaking. The exhibits are high quality and well kept. The staff is exceptional. We only stayed for about 2 hours, but could have easily stayed longer.

1  Thank GoTravel18
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent job of presenting the Bush 41 years. Located on the Texas A&M Campus, parking and access was a easy and the Texas A&M Campus is beautiful in its own right. Bush was a man of service, and the museum does a great job of bringing to light everything he has done. We thought the children's section was a wonderful idea and particularly liked the Camp David and Situation Room displays. Having served in the Kuwait war, I thought that section was particularly well done!

1  Thank Derek R
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a nice stop for the family after a reunion weekend. I took four children from the ages 20 months to 9 years. They enjoyed it as well. The only negative critique I have is many of the displays talk. They talk constantly so it is a bit overwhelming when you are trying to listen to just one.

2  Thank CrazyWithKids
See more reviews
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband, 17 year old son and I visited the library expecting to spend about 30 minutes here as we finished our tour of the Texas A&M campus. We ended up staying for 3 hours. This is a truly fascinating look at a fascinating man. President GHW Bush has had a unique life: from boarding school to WWII to Yale to Texas entrepreneur to Congressman, CIA, China, VP then President somehow finding time to be a great Husband, Dad, Grandfather and friend. Very inspirational for people of all ages.

1  Thank dysphorichousewife