“great food, great price”

Fish Daddy's Grill House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups
Aledo, Texas
“great food, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We loved the food at Fish Daddy's. My husband and I ate dinner for $21. We went back the next day for dinner again. YUMMY!

Houston, Texas
“Not quite a pleasant experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

First of all, I would like to list the positives of this restautant. The crab dip was wonderful! They use fresh lump crab meat...not canned...and it tasted great. Also, the prices are extremely reasonable. I don't believe I saw an entree over $15.95.

The service and food preparation, however, are what turned me off from ever returning. Of the three entrees that we ordered, one came out wrong. After getting the server's attention (which took a while), she told me that I was wrong, and it came out as ordered. I asked her to have the kitchen prepare another meal, the right way, and she said that she would have them add the proper sauce. As warned by her, the meal was returned to me with two totally different sauces on it. It was supposed to be the Mahi mahi Alexander, but was sent out, originally, with a lemon beurre blanc sauce on it. When she returned it to the kitchen, they simply added the Alexander sauce to it and returned it to me, cold. I had to involve a manager to get my order right...while my wife and daughter finished their meals. The Alexander was passable, but underseasoned. I am one that believes that a good restaurant does not need to place salt and pepper on a table, but I had to use them to flavor the sauce.

While there were a few positives to my experience, the overall visit was poor to fair.

We will not return.

Galveston, Texas, United States
“Great place.. why havent i eaten here before?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Me and my husband have been to Bryan/CS many times to visit family, but this is the first time we have gone to this restaurant. It was the best experience i've had at a seafood place in a long time. The food was wonderful (even my husband how is extremely particular about food loved his meal), the price was affordable, and the service was great! We had to wait a while to get a table, but everywhere in that area is the same way on a Saturday night, and this was worth the wait.. We would go eat here anytime, which is more than we can say for any seafood place near our home, and we live in Galveston.. You get more than your money's worth at this place. I highly recommend.. and if you look at my other reviews.. you know i dont say that for just any place...

“CS Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for good food, good atmosphere at a good price this is the place to go. You won't believe the value. It's where we go for all celebrations. They have something for everyone.
A personal favorite is the firecracker shrimp appetizer and grilled salmon and shrimp. You won't be disappointed!!!

bryan
“Best Fish Sandwich west of Chesapeak Bay Bridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Taste, size, freshness and cost can't be beat. Also must try the "mexican shrimp cocktail. Unique, outstanding

Visited January 2013