“American-Mex”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #14 of 267 Restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Fargo, North Dakota
“American-Mex”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Because I was in Texas, I was hoping for a more authentically Mexican experience. The staff was all white; the décor was vaguely southwestern, and the food was okay. I should have been tipped off by the fact that they featured prime rib (that famous Mexican dish) on the menu.

Visited February 2014

Houston, Texas
“Very good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have eaten here on several occasions. The food and service is always good.
Plenty of choice and always served hot.
A good choice to get a Mexican dinner.

• Visited February 2014
College Station, Texas
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Last Thursday after I picked up my 6 year old from school, I surprised him by stopping off here for dinner. I had a back injury, and I really didn't feel like trying to stand up and cook when I got home. So, this was nice.

We both got the ground beef enchiladas with double rice. Fantastic food. For once, my son cleaned his plate completely.

We've been here to eat many, many times. In fact, it is the only place we go to eat Mexican food here in College Station.

Highly recommend this place! I did have one negative experience that I previously wrote about in a past review. But normally, service is great (and it was this time as well)

• Visited January 2014
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“The green stuff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Went to Abuelo's tonight - four of us; first time for two.

The ambience, menu and plating are Mexican d'jour. No surprises, nothing transcendent, nothing horrible.

The food, taste-wise, however was exceptional. The green salsa is the standout (IMHO) and there's nothing to compare it to other than a lime-sweet-pepper that's almost more Asian than Mexican.

However, flavors are rich and varied in a genre that tends to favor flat profiles...hard to describe other than expect lively tastes; the only complaint was the Mexican Rice was bland (which it usually is anywhere else too) but based on the rest of the menu, I expected it to be equally exceptional.

Service was fast, unobtrusive, pleasant. Nothing awesome but we really provided no opportunity to BE awesome anyway.

Recommended.

Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois, USA
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Food is good here. My co-worker loves this place. It has a nice décor inside, you feel like you are eating outside. But I have to admit that I had better Mexican in College Station. If you are out for a business lunch and crave Mexican, you can't go wrong with this place.

Visited December 2013