“Huge, Clean rooms, Great Beds, Wonderful Desk staff”

Ramada College Station
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Huge, Clean rooms, Great Beds, Wonderful Desk staff”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

And I guess my title just about says it all. The price for this newer hotel accommodation is right in line with all the other College Station/Bryan hotels during football season, or on other special occasions. Very high, but that's nothing different or new. During the 'off' season, their prices are extremely competitive. And frankly, we have discovered that staying at hotels located OFF of Texas Ave is easier, due to the traffic situation in College Station, and Earl Rudder Freeway is very convenient. I would just like to say a few words about the hotel itself. Whoever designed these rooms truly understood what a traveler needs in the way of actual SPACE. The rooms are very large, and very clean. Perhaps it's because this is a newer hotel, but you certainly get the feeling they are being well taken care of. I love the fact that each room has a fridge and microwave, and I don't miss the vending machines one bit! The snack bar at the front desk area has a very large variety of goodies to choose from, (including ice cream!) If I had to say anything negative AT ALL about the hotel, it would be that their fans inside the fitness room were not able to be adjusted and needed to be on a higher setting. But I'm sure that could have easily been corrected by a quick phone call to the front desk.
I can't say enough nice things about the front desk personnel. We had a group of people come by the hotel for pizza after a ball game, and the staff offered to open up their breakfast/break room for us to use, which was wonderful. I'm just sad that we only did find this hotel this year, and our son is a senior!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AlaskaBound10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
new England
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We stayed at Ramada College Station for 4 nights in November while visiting relatives and attending a football game. The staff was great.., good breakfast included, very good location.. had a computer business room, mini fridge and microwave was helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Sabinal
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We had 8 rooms with families of children ages 7-17. The hotel was great through the booking process, helped us resell rooms we did not need, and was accomodating to our children. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean!

Free wifi and other amenities were a plus. I do not sleep well in most hotels, but this hotel had great beds and pillows! Large rooms, refrigerators, and microwaves were all a plus! I will book here again!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Schulenburg, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2010

When my husband booked the 2 rooms he told them we had 4 small kids staying, they put us on the 3rd floor. within the 2 days we stayed the front desk called saying the kids were stomping on the floor. My husband is heavier than my 1.5 year. He told them next they need to book families on the first or 2nd floor. Make sure if you want to buy a soda or snack because they wouldn't take credit card. Other than that it was a really nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Lovely rooms, facilities, breakfast, and trustworthy staff who returned the laptop recharger I forgot!

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I was recently travelling for business and stayed at the Ramada in College Station.

The hotel staff was upbeat and accommodating. The rate was very reasonable, especially when considering the size of my suite-style room. Everything was extremely clean and quiet! Since the property is brand new, it's outfitted with all the latest upgrades (modern bathroom, flat-screen TV, sitting area, digital cable, etc).

This Ramada's location is only minutes from campus, so I would definitely stay here again for football games, etc. There are tons of restaurants and shops within minutes of this hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends/family!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed at the Ramada in College Station for a business trip in September 2010. When I arrived the staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations on where to eat in the area. My hotel room was quite large and very clean with a nice bathroom, sofa, large flat panel TV and very comfortable bed. The next morning I enjoyed the continental breakfast provided by the hotel. There was a good variety of food to choose from and the dining room was very clean. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to College Station.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business