“Clean and Quiet, Great front desk staff”

Ramada College Station
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Dallas, Texas
“Clean and Quiet, Great front desk staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had an unplanned overnight stay in College station and ended up here by luck, but am delighted I did!
Hallways are clean, smell like a brand new place, and are quiet
A spacious room, comfy beds,crisp linen ( very much appreciated!), large clean bathroom (it was for handicapped client but I did not mind it at all) loved the all marble shower!
Room even had a small dinning table with 2 chairs, and a comfy recliner
Their was a small area in the room that housed the microwave and mini fridge-everything was very clean.
There was a "clean" coffee maker ( I hate it when coffee that comes out of the hotel room coffeemakes smells and tastes stale) and a basket with ample supplies
Michael at the front desk was very pleasant, professional and responded to all queries promptly -commendable check in and check out
Breakfast buffet in a good sized dinning room with a decent vairety of items, loved the fresh waffle one could make
There was ample parking space around the building
Can't find any con!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

This Ramada property was probably the best I have ever stayed at of all the Ramada Hotels. It seemed to be quite new. The overnight cost was very reasonable with a AAA discount. The location to Texas A&M was excellent. The room was very clean, but the air conditioning system could have been a little quieter. Breakfast was the very standard type you find these days with nothing special at all. Check in and check out was extremely efficient and the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HerbertW3
Varied
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

So far, I have tried 6 different, well-rated hotels in Bryan-College Station. I keep coming back to this Ramada. It just seems to be the best value in town. It is very clean, often very friendly, and the price is usually reasonable. The rooms are attractively decorated, clean, and comfortable. I am a light sleeper and am pleased to report that I haven't ever heard fellow guests through Ramada's walls (though I have heard road noise through the windows on occasion). Most recently, I tired a different-brand hotel in Bryan that is of a similar class, but almost always at a higher price. The Bryan hotel was beautifully decorated and very, very friendly! However, the walls were paper-thin. I could hear everything in both rooms on either side of mine. So, this week, it's back to the Ramada for me. I just haven't found a better value yet! I'm willing to pay a little more for a little more plushness -- but so far, there isn't such a thing in Bryan-College Station. I can pay a lot more for a little more in value; or I can pay the same for much less. This Ramada just seems to be the best value in town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 2Qbeds
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had not been at a Ramada for many years and this time I was going to Texas A&M and found that the location was very convenient, right off the Hwy 6. The hotel looks and feels brand new, it is very quiet and rooms are spotless. In fact my 18 year old even told me "it looks like I was the very first person that used the shower in that room". I don't know if that is the case but I was pleased to see how clean the room was. Hallways are very quiet, just a bit of noise from the Hwy but you only noticed early in the morning when everything is quiet. A grate value hotel, clean, staff is friendly and accommodating ........ over all A GREAT EXPERIENCE! Kudos to the entire staff there. I will go back soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Fred D
SW Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

The College Station Ramada was very reasonable for a mid-price property. Rooms were nicely decorated. Quality counters and plumbing in the bathrooms. The rooms were quiet. I could barely hear the loud, obnoxious drunk down the hall. Just turned the room fan on and no more noise. Getting into the motel can be a problem, since the frontage road is one-way. Cut through the shopping center and save 5-10 minutes from GPS recommendations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MTAR
Alvin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I booked the Ramada because it was in CS, close to Bryan and right off the main highway. My trip to CS was for my friend's wedding which I was a part of. Despite the crappy weather, the weekend was enjoyable. The Ramada was super clean, in fact they were cleaning every time I came out of the room, the access was easy in and out of the Hotel Lobby and the staff were friendly, one of them even opening the door for me when my hands were full! Guest services was great and the room was clean and the air conditioner cold! Despite the not so easy access to get to, the hotel was a great choice and if I go back to CS to stay, this will be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the elevator unless you like taking the stairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MEAGAN C
Hyrum, Utah, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stay 200 nights/year in hotels and have certain expectations as I am in a hotel more than I am home. I stayed 4 nights. I will be finding another hotel for my next stay in College Station.
The staff don't even look up or stop their conversations with other staff members to greet you as you come and go. I was pretty sure I didn't leave crumbs as I hadn't eaten anything that would leave any; when I returned for the day the bed was remade, my towel replaced and now the floor looked as if it needed vacuumming where it didn't this am! Otherwise the cleanliness is slightly better than average but not great. Upkeep is not wonderful and the mustiness upon entering has to be worse in the heat of the summer. The AC works well but the thermostat isn't accurate so I spent the first night either too cold and then waking up sweating until I got the numbers regulated to comfort rather than true degrees. The continental breakfast is less than average. Juice, milk, coffee, bananas, yogurt, muffins cold cereal and a waffle maker. The most difficult thing about this facility is it's location on the one way freeway frontage road. I booked a standard room with a King and when I checked in I was given 2 Queens. I also asked about the rate I should have gotten through using their direct site to book and price wasn't adjusted back to adjust the discount.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel as it is against the highway and can be noisy. The dra...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business