“Excellent from beginning to end!”

Luigi's Patio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Luigi's Patio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 280 Restaurants in College Station
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rock Prarie
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Luigi's is in a little strip mall.
Our meal was outstanding. On their menu they state: When you walk into Luigi's, prepare to be transported to an authentic Italian piazza environment as you enjoy a remarkable dining experience. From the flat bread to the spaghetti to the pecan encrusted chicken to the warm cranberry bread pudding, it was excellent. The live music was, also, very enjoyable. Great dining experience. Thank you guys!

2  Thank 4Katy
There are newer reviews for Luigi's Patio Ristorante

Reviewed July 18, 2014

After living in the Bryan/College Station area for about 6 years, I visited Luigi's for the first time a few weeks ago for a work lunch. Boy, I had no idea what I had been missing...

First, the atmosphere is incredible, just like you're sitting on a patio restaurant in a little quaint Italian villa. I've now discovered that some evenings, including every Thursday, they have live music, usually jazz or something equally entertaining/relaxing.

Next, the bread. They have the fresh baked flat bread with a DIVINE olive & garlic tapenade. I try to resist but I simply cannot.

The raspberry tea is also delicious, especially when it's freshly made.

Now, the food. The food is fabulous. Since my first visit, I have returned multiple times for business & casual lunches, dinner with friends, and for large group celebrations. Each time, I have had something new (very unlike me), and I have been amazed that each meal has been phenomenal. Usually, I will go with the night's special. The names are fancy, but here's what I've had so far:

Luigi's Chicken Parmigiana (lunch & sandwich)
Snapper dinner
Salmon dinner
Coconut encrusted chicken (so much better than I would have thought)

I give each and every meal a solid 10. I'm obsessed with this place. Whether you're in the mood for traditional, hearty Italian food or a more health conscious, specialty meal, Luigi's has it, and IT IS SO GOOD.

Finally, the cocktails are unique and delicious!! Need I say more?

I rave to all my friends about this place. It's certainly excellent for a special date night, but also for celebrations, families, friends, dinner, lunch, etc.

Lunch prices are about $8-15.
Dinner prices will be more like $15-25 as the portions are bigger.

I've had excellent service each time. The manager is very understanding and accommodating, and the owner will get up and join the jazz band (they've got some talent too!). I urge anyone who has not tried Luigi's to give it a shot. Simply love it.

1  Thank himeylo
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped by there on our way home one night on a whim. We were greeted by the bartender and decided to sit at the bar, have a beer and order a pizza to go. The staff was very friendly. This restaurant has been in the same family for many years. The tables are set with full dinner settings, napkins folded upon the plate. Very impressive...We haven't tried anything else there but went back a second time for Pizza. We will be going back to check out the dinners one of these days. It is not you ordinary place. The prices on a bit on the high side looking at the menu but I would say it would be worth it.

1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I went there for a date on a Saturday night. We had a reservation but there were a few open tables. The ambiance was nice with the low lights and the live music. At times the music got a little loud but it was still enjoyable. The food was amazing and the prices were fair. My only complaint was no bread was brought out before the meal. Overall, it is a great Italian place!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went to Luigi's when it first opened. The food was mediocre, and I didn't go back for a long time. I started dining there again a few months ago and found the food to be somewhat improved. I dined there again on Saturday evening, February 1. There were 3 people in our party, and one of my companions and I both ordered the lamb chops. The description on the menu stated that the lamb chops were "paired with scalloped potatoes and chef's vegetables." When our meals arrived, no scalloped potatoes were in evidence--only vegetables (overcooked).

I asked a server for our potatoes and a woman that I assume was the manager came over and explained that they no longer offered the potatoes with that dish and that the menu was in error. When I asked if there was some way we could get the potatoes (the potatoes were one of the reasons I ordered the lamb chops), they brought us each a small dish of potatoes, but they charged us each $3.

I can afford to pay $3.00, but it gripes me that the menu clearly stated that the dish included the potatoes. If they're cheating every customer that comes in out of $3 per meal, they're making a tidy little profit. I don't know if it's illegal to pull a trick like that, but it's certainly unethical and unprofessional.

Luigi's has lost my business. Too bad, because the service is good.

1  Thank Bailey2010_12
duiliot2014, General Manager at Luigi's Patio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

I am truly sorry for the lack of respect and customer service you were shown on your last visit to Luigi's. I know it has been some time, but we would appreciate one last chance to impress you. Management has changed since your last visit and we now pride ourselves in our ability to put the customer first!
I would love to treat you to our lamb chops once more, scalloped potatoes included. :-) Please send your contact information to Info@LuigisPatioRistorante.com and we will be sure to take care of you.

Thank you for your business and your review of the restaurant,
Jessica Plaxco