Super 8 by Wyndham College Station
$80
$109
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Comfort Suites Texas Ave.(College Station)(Great Value!)
$84
ComfortSuites
Manor Inn College Station(College Station)
$52
Hilton College Station & Conference Center(College Station)(Great Value!)
$136
$104
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

Hampton Inn College Station(College Station)(Great Value!)
$99
Holiday Inn Express College Station(College Station)(Great Value!)
$93
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

Vineyard Court Designer Suites Hotel(College Station)(Great Value!)
$89
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station(College Station)(Great Value!)
$80
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2011

DO NOT BOOK EARLY! They have a very rigid cancellation policy that requires a 72 hour notice. They make absolutely no exceptions... not even for emergency room hospital stays. I contacted the corporate office, and they couldn't even help me. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYBODY!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Customer55649
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We got exactly what we wanted out of this hotel: a cheap place to sleep after visiting friends. But the stay was better than we expected.

When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly front desk. After checking in, I called down to get the Free Wifi password, but when I didn't have a pen, I told the guy at the front desk I'd just run down and write it down. Before I got halfway down the hall, the he was on his way to my room with the password written on a peice of paper. So nice!

He also directed us to a long list of cabs in the area. The only negative about this hotel is it's not really close to "North Gate" - the local bar scene - or the University. But none of the hotels in College Station really are. However, it was a fairly cheap cab ride.

Check out was great, mostly because we only spent $55, but also because of the friendly guy at the front desk. He was looking at engagement rings for his girlfriend, and my husband and I offered him some advice. He was really funny and cool and didn't even upset my terrible headache and hangover. Yep, it was that kind of trip.

So if you're looking for a bed to sleep after visiting friends in CS or your kids in college, this is your place.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank racheltmonahan
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I found that this hotel was a bit pricey for the quality of the rooms but was not suprised as it is in a University Town. I was not opposed to paying the $80 after taxes but expected more from Super 8.

Front Desk staff - OK on checkin/checkout,
Breakfast- continental (ended up going to Subway),
Room - basic but clean. T
he hotel seems to be fairly old and could use a "freshen" (I found that the 2nd floor hallway had a smokey smell which did not permeate into the room (thank heavens).

This hotel had 3 or 4 men hanging around the lobby (obviously not checking in). I am from a fairly large city and find it disconcerting when I go into a hotel where the friends/family of staff are hanging around the lobby (it takes it down a notch)!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2010

fair value, *but* what really irritates me about Super 8 (this one particularly)
they put $1 charge on your bill for a safe which I don't need or use. Some of them will take if off if you think to check your bill b4 signing.

They have price on the sign outside that they will not give you that (low) rate unless you start a major argument. Even that won't work if you made reservations through call center(garanteed low rate!!!,sure!) or on line.
In this particular room, their was an air compressor (?) that came on every hour or so and was loud enough to make sleeping impossible until the tank filled(?) and it turned off.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Stayed there during an A&M home game. There were a few issues with the room when we got there. Room keys for both rooms wouldn't work, had to go down to front desk twice to get that resolved. Upon entering one of the rooms, there was a strong cleaner smell that fortunatly was limited to the bathroom, turned on the fan and it dissappeared after a few moments. The AC from the room above would drip onto our AC and make a ringing noise on occassion.
Young guy that was working the front desk was nice but had NO clue about any restaurants near the hotel (including the IHOP two blocks away and a mexican restaurant one block away). I do not expect a kid at a small motel to know everything about the area but being it you are in a major college town, you should know some of the basics.
Note to any future travelers, it is walkable to Kyle Field for a football game but honestly we could of taken a car, parked on campus and gotten out after the game with ease.
Overall it was a clean place to stay at a very affordable rate during a football weekend. I would hesitate to stay here again but if i find a good price I would stay.
*** Restaurants in area*** I will post reviews at two restaurants that I ate at while in the College Station area. One that is only a 5 minute drive from campus is J.Cody's. AMAZING Steaks! The other is called Potato Shack. Huge Baked Potato's with all sorts of fillings from the basics to Chicken Parmigiana!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)