“Sweetest staff and great breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in College Station
College Station, Texas
“Sweetest staff and great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for almost a week. The suite was spacious and there was plenty of room. My husband loved the fog free mirror that was in the shower. It was nice because he could completely get ready without waking the rest of us up. We had a few maintenance problems with the toilet and A/C but they were promptly taking care of by the staff. Everyone from the front desk people, to the lady who works the breakfast area, to the cleaning ladies were absolutely wonderful. The manager there was great and addressed any concerns we had while staying there. Another perk is that it is right next to Mc Alisters and several other restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap room. They are bigger.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our first time to stay at this hotel. It was actually recommended to us by a friend that has a student attending A&M. My initial impression as I walked in ,was this is an older property.But overall, that would not deter me from a future stay. At check -in I was assigned a room that was obviously smoked in. My reservation was for non smoking and a new assignment was quickly made with no problems. There was also a follow-up phone call to my room to assure my satisfaction. My favorite feature is the room arrangement. Since it is a suite hotel, the living area is entered from the hall, and is furnished with a sleeper couch, chair,coffee table,2 lamps, a fridge ,microwave and sink. There is a door that closes this area off from the sleeping area.I am an early riser and this gave me a nice space to go read.The sink is also seperate from the potty/ shower area which to me is another plus.And there is actually a vent fan in the shower area!( sign of an older hotel, but I like that).The room was a comfortable size and the beds were also comfortable.You can't beat the location in College Station. It is close to many resturants as well as the A&M campus.Standard hotel breakfast served that we didn't eat , but fresh fruit available for snacks.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hawthornmanager, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete our survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hawthorn Suites, I will be sure to pass on this survey to my employees and congratulate them on a job well done. We work really hard to ensure that all guests are full satisfied during their stay. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions and we look forward to have you stay with us again. Thank you again!

knox city, tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I reserved a 2 queen bed room 3 months in advance for tamu graduation weekend. Upon arrival I was told they only had a king room. I told them my reservation was for 2 queens. She told me that when you book through another hotel site that the type of room is not guaranteed. I pulled up my reservation on my phone told her I booked it through the Wyndham site and it was for 2 queen beds. She just said again they only had a king. Which I took because it was a graduation weekend and I knew I wouldn't be able to find another room. I would have appreciated a discount or something since I didn't get what I reserved on their site..

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hounds20
hawthornmanager, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you taking the time out of your day to complete our survey. I understand that you had some issues regarding your room type during your stay. I have addressed this issue with my staff so we can ensure that you and any future guest get the room types that they are requesting. I apologize for your experience here at the Hawthorn suites and please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.

SAINT PAUL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The staff, and possibly some friends of theirs(?), seemed a bit rowdy this time around during the Wednesday evening "customer appreciation" event. My crew, and I, were quite tired after a working a long day. We were looking to relax, and enjoy what was provided, but it was too much like sitting in a loud bar. Otherwise, I can't complain. Great staff. Love staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank SEAN F
hawthornmanager, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete our surveys. I would like to apologize for your experience during our Wednesday social; I have spoken with my staff and took care of this situation. Thank you again for staying with us and should you have any questions please feel free to contact me.