All reviews full kitchen marriott hotels both bedrooms two room suite uber ride living area in town front desk staff breakfast area great place to stay kitchenette lorne sofa amenities campus texas elevator
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel worked well for us on a quick 2 night stay. Friendly younger staff on duty part of our stay. Only concerns were the "market" advertised in the hotel brochure in our room way overstated amenities available in the lobby-which basically turned out to be some candy bars and bottled drinks (no ice cream!! as advertised). Also, hotel staff had little help to offer when questioned as to restaurants, take-out and delivery (for a good sized town with a large university! they could be better informed OR offer menus as so many similarly-sized hotels do). But the room was clean and quiet and we had no complaints. There is a $100 per 30 days pet fee -however, if you stay one (or two) nights as we did (with our quiet, housebroken well behaved family pet), the cost is STILL $100! But we knew that in advance.

Room Tip: We requested downstairs near an exit (due to our pet) and got exactly what we wanted. This hotel is not on a freeway so traffic noise isn't a big consideration
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Loved staying here. Had previously stayed at the Courtyard but it was full. Much more convenient location, hot breakfast outstanding, staff very nice, rooms clean, laundry facilities good. Will be staying here again. I will say it was crowded, the parking is tricky and elevators were at other end of building. The pluses outweighed the minuses.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank C B
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place was amazing. The room was clean, even the pull out couch was comfortable. The continential breakfast was awesome. Overall a fantastic experience. The staff is by far the best hotel staff I have ever had!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

good location, nice rooms with lots of space and a little kitchen. the usual continental breakfast. very nice staff. rather small fitness center, only one treadmill, but many people were in the pool.

Room Tip: on first floor I heard the upstairs resident so I might ask for an upper floor next time
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank pennstatetraveler
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This is the 3rd Marriott property I have stayed in while in College Station and I was not impressed. Luckily it was only for one night. The Courtyard and the Residence Inn are far better.

This property was shoved into a lot that has horrible parking and limited parking. It's a magnet for a car accident. It's full of construction workers with their trucks and gear and their tools and boots banging throughout the halls. I was awakened late at night with guests talking in the hallway. The property has two buildings and I am not fond of this type of property. I like it all together. Doors, i thought I was in a nightmare! Door after door after door, who built this hotel? The more doors, the more door SLAMS! which wake up the guest. Not everyone gets up at 5am. The room was ok but needed some renovation. The bed was comfortable but once again the furniture was tired. They hang the flat panel TV on this arm extender which is stupid. Why not hang it on the wall? The walls are thin. The plumbing was eaten alive by the Texas lime and I guess the cleaning staff doesn't care. The plumbing was also in need of some repair.

So, not too happy with this hotel especially for the price. Stay at the Courtyard and if you have a family or need a kitchen stay at the Residence Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business