“Great stay”

Hyatt Place College Station
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in College Station
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a great stay on July 18, with no issues encountered at all. We would definitely stay again. Great access to A and M. Good and convenient breakfast got us going in a timely manner the next morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amistad1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel fosters great detail to service. From Dana(Front End Manager) to Evelyn, Derek, Tieler and (ugh - I forgot my favorite name), they are all willing offer assistance. I was not familiar with College Station and the staff help navigate me through great places to eat, shop and visit.
I will make Hyatt Place College Station my hotel of choice when traveling back to TAMU.

Thanks for all you hard work,

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Seande P
West Columbia, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

we reserved room for 2 children and 2 adults in June 2014. We found the following problems:
No bathtub (no one mentioned that when we reserved room)
No venting in bathroom.
No trash can in bathroom.
Big ottoman/sofa bed made the accommodation way too small to move around with any comfort.
Room had bad odor.
Air conditioner close to king bed made it freezing cold in that area and too hot in the area with the sofa bed.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank betty p
Chelsea S, Manager at Hyatt Place College Station, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Betty,

I understand how frustrated you must have been when you checked into one of our King rooms with four people in your family. I do apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfactory. I do want to inform you that our QQ rooms do have the bath tubs in the rooms and they accommodate a family of four perfectly.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the layout of the room. We have recently updated our King bathrooms to have the walk-in showers with glass doors. We also are currently working on replacing all of our sofa-beds and ottomans with brand new, beautiful grey cozy corners. I do apologize that the room had a musty odor and that your ac caused you to sleep uncomfortably. I will personally ensure that the room is looked over by maintenance.

Here at Hyatt Place, we strive to be the best hotel in College Station and the preferred choice for our guests.

Again I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. I hope that you will try Hyatt Place College Station again next time you are in the area.

Warmest Regards,
Chelsea Stevens
Assistant General Manager
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night. The hotel lobby and elevators had a funny smell too them. But our room had a musty/ B.O. smell to it. We turned our a/c turn really low and that kind of helped with the smell. The rooms were very roomy and the beds were fine though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 02Aggiegirl
Dear Aggiegirl,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a review! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the scent in the lobby/elevators. We have an air freshener that puts off a specific Hyatt scent. As for the rooms, I do apologize that the room smelled musty. We recently had all of our air conditioners and carpets cleaned. It seems as though housekeeping did not leave the ac running and that is why the room put off a musty scent. This is a training issue and it will be addressed with housekeeping immediately.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope that you will return to Hyatt Place College Station next time you are in the area.

Chelsea Stevens
Assistant General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We very much enjoyed our 4-day stay at the Hyatt in College Station. Our room was comfortable and didn't feel like a hotel room. Staff were friendly and the hotel breakfast was good each day. And dependable, free, Internet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lovelady, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had back surgery recently and my family stayed here while I was in the hospital. I stayed here the night before my surgery. It was very clean and comfortable. The A/C had some weird glitch that it seemed to shut off and never come back on, so my hubby mentioned it one morning on his way to the hospital and it was fixed when he came back that evening. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: I usually ask for a King room, but none were available, so we had to go with two Queen's. It wa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GrayWolf85
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel was very clean, the beds comfortable and the breakfast tasty. The room was very large and the seating area whose sofa turns into a bed makes for a good lounging area instead of having to lay on the beds. The bathroom is a little small. While it is good (in my opinion) that the sink is outside the bathroom, it being right across from one of the beds is not (unless the person in the bed likes the glare of lights early in the morning). The location is very convenient to campus and restaurants. I liked that there were several areas in the lobby where large parties could gather instead of having to be in the rooms. Pool towels were in good supply. One night we had to turn the room fan on to run constant to drown out the noise from the pool party going on at the neighboring hotel. But it worked! The parking lot was well lit. The staff was all friendly and greeted us whenever we came through the lobby. Breakfast was tasty and was kept well stocked. If the price is right, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to Red Lobster than the other hotel during pool season.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family