“Everybody STILL calls it "Elaines"”
Review of Elaine's Restaurant - CLOSED

Elaine's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 31, 2013

OK, This restaurant is a "fixture" in Coldspring. I have lived here two years and I ate at Elaine's for at least two years before I moved here. Since I moved here, this place has been Elaine's, Bubba's TOO, Tehe Coldspring Cafe, and now it is "The Paradise Grill". I have hopes for this iteration. The new owners live here and own a nice little gift shop right next door. They CARE about the town and commerce and the cafe. My wife and I recently ate breakfast there. The food was fresh, prepared correctly and served promptly. The waitress was efficient and attentive. The owner even stopped by to chat. In ANY case, it deserves another look. Let's face it, after the previous two incarnations, it would HAVE to be better!

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Do not recommend, stopped in for breakfast one morning had the s.o.s the sausage tasted like hamburger meat the food quality is very very very poor. Whoever is the cook needs to go to cooking school. When this place was Elaine's the food was good, but since it changed owners and names twice its gone from bad to worse

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had eaten at the Elaine's cafe several, and all I could say is it was pretty good.
With the new owners (don't know who) the place has been cleaned up, and the food we were served was excellent. Hubby had an open-faced roast beef sandwich that would have most likely fed 2 folks. The beef was tender and very tasty. I had a Chef Salad that ranked right up there with the best. The Ranch dressing was wonderful, which makes a salad, but it was full of the right veggies and plenty of ham and turkey. Service was great, as well. I will definitely return on my next camping trip to Double Lake Campground !

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The service is fast, the owner is friendly, and the breakfast is always
delicious.This is a country restaurant that is very popular with the
locals. We have only been there for breakfasts but definitely worth the drive.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Had great egg omelette this am and my husband, Eddie had 2 eggs with hash browns.
All good. We ordered orange juice; I am not too fond of the coffee.
The waitress was friendly.Did not receive water, which I think all restaurants need to serve.
I haven't been to this place much since it changed hands but plan to try their chicken fried steak since there was a good review on it.