“You probably have to be a group (good gratuity) or a local to get respectable service...”
Review of Elaine's Restaurant - CLOSED

Elaine's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I had breakfast today at Bubba's 2 and was seated by the hostess/manager who took my drink order, returned with it, and promised to come back for the food order. She did not. After about 10 minutes, the waitress came and took my order for french toast. She returned in reasonable time with burnt pancakes. (and uncrispy hashbrowns) She never warmed my near empty coffee cup. I was never given water. I am never given half&half that I see on other tables. I did get it when I asked today. But this is how it always is. At the end, I was asked 'was everything ok.' I just smile. Some 25% of my visits, I am served the wrong food--I was status quo. They won't correct their system. She then stated a well wisher paid for my meal as in random acts of kindness. Both the waitress and the host/manager stood by and gushed about karma and random acts of kindness. I left a tip. I thought of it as an opportunity to self monitor and self regulate. I wondered if I looked frumpy and homeless like I needed kindness. I am from Chicago. We should be more friendly as in TX. I went home and made a proper cup of coffee in my new Keurig! Coldspring really is a great town.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ejadice

Coldspring, Texas, United States
“This is now Bubba's Two”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is the bread basket of Coldspring. Home style cook'n.

Coldspring, Texas
“Recent Name Change”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Elaine's has been a down home cooking stand-by here in Coldspring for a while. Great country breakfast. Good chicken fried steak. Now that it has changed owners, it is MUCH BETTER! The chicken fried steaks are no longer frozen. They are fresh and hand breaded and really AWESOME! Look for Bubba's Too, still in the Ealine's location. Oh, the breakfasts are still outstanding!

East Texas
“Not for mr”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My wife didn't like the fact that our shoes stuck to the floor. The food is edible, but we probably will not go back. The place needs a good cleaning and an update badly.

1 Thank TSealander
Texas
“The restaurant is friendly, clean and serves good comfort food”
Reviewed December 26, 2009

I have been going to Elaine's for over ten years. The owners are wonderfully friendly people and they treat you like you are a guest in their home. The restaurant is clean- always. The wait-staff is very attentive and each helps the other to attend to the tables. The food is hot, good quality comfort food, just like your mother made.