“Drinks that'll knock your boots off!”
Review of El Toro

El Toro
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Clute
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a local favorite since the early 1960's. Not only attracting the locals but many from surrounding cities as well. A favorite destination for vacationers for dine in, pick up, or drop off caterings. We start with the freshest of ingredients, provide excellent service, and it is our goal to exceed our guests expectations. We have a variety of menu choices from traditional Tex-Mex, American, Seafood, Steaks, and Hamburgers. Come in and find out why we are always the best choice in the surrounding areas. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The mexican food here was very good. i was surprised because you can usually tell how good the food's going to be based on their salsa-- and the salsa was more like Pace Picante than the good salsa i'm used to-- but the fajitas were great! i also recommend having the margarita in the boot shaped cup-- you get to keep the boot, and the margarita had PLENTY of Patron!

1  Thank JimJam01
jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit. I will be sure to pass this on to the location so that thye may know how they are doing. The boot rita is a great margarita. We have this every year in the month of February and March in order to celebrate the rodeo. I love patron in my margaritas as well. I understand your feelings about the red sauce. Just so that you will know we do have another salsa that the cooks make in the kitchen and the staff will bring some out to you if you ask. This salsa will knock your boots off! Did you get a chance to try the two green salsas? They are my favorite. Thanks again for your review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had friends visiting from out of town, so our party of six went to El Toro after church this past Sunday. El Toro is a large restaurant, so even if the lot if filling up or near full, you will most likely be seated quickly. Texas hospitality is abundant here. We were seated at a corner round table of six in the main dining room. There are televisions in this area that are playing sports. Chips and red and green salsa were immediately brought to our table and were fresh. The salsas were not spicy enough for me, but that is just a personal opinion. Later in the meal, another server brought a dish of pico de gallo to enjoy with the chips also. Our waitress was very busy as the dining room was completely full. The service was slightly slower than last time but more than adequate. She was friendly and worked very hard to promptly complete our order. I would suggest that on a busy Sunday, the management consider lowering the ratio of waiters to tables.

I had a special tilapia dish which was excellent. The fajitas are always prepared the same way and are very good. Tortillas are made on a machine nearby, so are always fresh and hot. The enchilidas are very tasty also, I've tried beef and cheese. I also enjoyed the beans and rice, which were fresh. There is nothing much worse than dried out refried beans, but I've NEVER had that experience at El Toro. Drinks of soda and iced tea were refilled promptly, Kudos to the waitress we had who was friendly and energetic on a very busy day. Highly recommend.

2  Thank AmigodelNorte
jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Wow what a great review! I need to hire you for a secret shopper. There was a lot of information here and it was very helpful and rewarding. I love to see emails and reviews like this one. It is so rewarding to hear that we are succeeding on all the things we work so hard at. I have sent your review over to the locaiton management so they can share with their staff. Daily we work in the kitchen with our associates back there making sure we are perfecting every ingedient all the way to the plate that goes to your table. On the floor our front of the house management works with the staff so that every detail of your service is explained and trained.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you again in the future and as always we look forward to serving you and your family.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Hair in queso. Waiter never attended to us and kept saying he was busy. A bill for 4 adults and 1 kid was 90$. I left table and went to the restroom. Grandma was left at the table. When I returned, the bussing staff was standing next to her with trash cans and trays and forcing her to get up.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I would like to thank you for your patronage of our restaurant. It pains me to hear about an experience such as yours. Let me take this time to start off and apologize for us dropping the ball. I will be following up with the management and the staff at this location. This is unacceptable when we set such high standards at each of our locations. We will evaluate our service level at this location and make changes where it needs to be done. I see a couple of areas from your comments. It is our goal at each of our locations to exceed our guests expectations. I apologize we missed meeting yours. Feel free to contact me through our website with your information and I would love to send you something so you can give us another opportunity. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Director of Operations

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Met with business folks for a lunch meeting. Good service, very good food, and a wide selection of menu items. I will return.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and sending us this feedback. We truly appreciate your patronage and your honesty. It is so rewarding when we hear that we are achieving something that we work so very hard at. I will pass this on to the location so they will know as well. I appreciate feedback all the time. Feel free to contact us anytime with your review. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very popular local restaurant with great food and atmosphere. Friendly staff and great service. I look forward to my next visit.

jdmayes, Public Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments on the Clute location. It is great to hear that our team there is still doing a great job. We work very hard at all of our locations to do exactly what you mentioned. That is to exceed our guests expectations; one guest at a time. I hope you get the chance to visit one of our other locations. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you again.