“STAY AWAY!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Cleveland, Texas
“STAY AWAY!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

On September 12, 2012 my son and I checked in around 9:30. Called my other son who lives in Freeport to let them know we made it. He came by and picked up his brother to go get my daughter-in-law from work and they all returned to see me. On their return the Manager, Lisha who lives below the room we were in started screaming at us, "How many people in the room?" I heard the screaming and came out to see what was going on. I told her they were just here to say hello. She screamed "No Guest!!! No Guest!!" I told her to please leave us alone and to go away. She then said she was calling the police! OMG. My son and his wife never even came into the room. They just left. Immediately she was calling the room and started screaming again. I told her we wanted to leave and that I wanted my money back. They never told me when we checked in only 30 minutes earlier that we could not have "guest". She said it was to late. I told her it was only 10:00pm. I went to the front office and tried to talk to her again, but she continued to scream at me and said we would not get a refund. We had only been there less then an hour. I told her I would just call my credit card company and have them not pay the charge. She said "Ok I give you refund, you just leave now. I had already had my son get our belongings back in my vehicle. We left and went to Days Inns about a block from Motel 6. When I told the front desk lady what had happend, she said she has had so many people come to their hotel and say the same thing about this lady. She said that we were welcomed to have my family come see us and was very friendly.
I can also tell you that we paid $58.75 with tax for the room at Motel 6 and it was the worst motel I had ever seen. It smelled, there was mildew on the ceiling and the beds were awful. When we went to Days Inns we paid $67.80 with tax and the room was so nice! The bed was the best bed I've slept in, including mine. I want to buy one of those beds! LOL. Do yourself a favor, stay away from Motel 6 in Clute, Texas, spend the $9.05 and you can even get a really nice breakfast the next morning. I have made a written complaint to the Regional Manger and the Customers Relation with Motel 6 and as of today, no response from either. I should have checked the reviews before we even checked in and I would have seen all the other bad reviews and known better but we were tired from driving and excited to see my family. STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: Go to Days Inns
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CSargent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

The room was clean, but the BED WAS AWFUL. In fact, I wouldn't call it a bed, more like a very, very unconfortable futon. Just awful. The end table are mount on the wall and one was falling off. STAY AWAY FROM THE PLACE. SPEND AN EXTRA $30 AND GET YOU A DECENT ROOM IN LAKE JACKSON, just a few miles away.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
BEDFORD TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

i stayed in clute tx to see friends on my way to galveston tx. the motel 6 in clute is a recent remodel. looks great! but the beds were not comfortable at all. not internet avail. very nice staff. really sweet. i hope that they are able to correct the bed issue.... like sleeping on a cheap matress on plyboard.... not good. price was reasonable for the room i have to admit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank NDAY72
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

We stayed there June 3 2009, nice price, but when we pulled around to the back to the room, there were like 6-9 construction workers sitting at a table by rooms, drinking beer and cooking on a grill. I dont know how they managed as there were several million mosquitos flying all over the place. apparently this is a severe problem in clute, and nothing new. The hotel was clean but i killed at least 45 mosquitos in our room, and sprayed off on exposed parts of my body to be able to sleep. Clute is no place to come for vacation, it has chemical plants and oil refinerarys nearby which stinks up the town as well. My wife wanted to swim in the pool but since the construction workers were just outside the door , she felt intimidated to go out in a bikini and could have worn shorts and a shirt, but whats the point on that.... maybe in january this place would not be infested with skeeters. headed to galveston next so hopefully it is better there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clute
Quality Inn
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
#2 of 6 in Lake Jackson
4.0 of 5 stars 42 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Freeport - Clute? Share your experiences!