“Best rooms, poor breakfast”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Reviewed November 28, 2013

room and overall hotel quality was quite good. However, the quality of the breakfast is quite dissappointing, in a Hilton group hotel i don't expect to have my breakfast served on plastic dishes. Pool is quite nice but too much chlorine.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dipti-Hampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Andreas F,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the quality of our hotel and our rooms.

As a limited service brand of the Hilton family, Hampton Inns offer a breakfast that is different from the full service Hilton brands.

Our pool is a saltwater pool and therefore does not require chlorine, but I will have my maintenance staff check the system to make sure everything is functioning properly.

Thank you again for your feedback. Dipti and your friends at the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Clean, comfortable room (large), very nicely furnished w/ excellent complimentary internet connection. Very accomodating and friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast was delish. Loved the fact that we were able to comforably sit in the lobby area as a group and watched the football game. Every area of the hotle was CLEAN!! Great stay and would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dipti-Hampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Yvette D,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.

All of us at the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson found your review to be very encouraging. There is no better feeling than to know we have provided an exceptional experience for our guests.

It was a pleasure having you here. We hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for your positive feedback. Dipti and your friends at the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I pretty much always try to stay at Hampton Inns while traveling on business. This location was nice and clean, consistent with most of the chain locations. It is easy enough to get to, right off of the highway. Fitness area was good enough to use a few times for the week that I was there .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Dipti-Hampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Mike_90_W,

It was our pleasure to have you as a guest at the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. In addition to our on-site fitness center, we also have membership for all our guests to a local gym in the area. That may be something you can enjoy during your next visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Although well located for the purposes of my trip, I found the hotel overpriced compared to all the local competitors. The room was very clean as expected, but the mini fridge was so loud I had to unplug it for peace of mind and sleeping. The requested wake up call came right on time. The breakfast offering was an abismal failure as far as I am concerned. The "eggs" were overcooked pre-made "omlet" type, dry and with little real taste. Hashbrowns...clearly fried in oil but never dried or patted with paper towels. The coffee was okay. Overall...not saying much.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dipti-Hampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Robert W,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our hotel.

I would like to apologize for the breakfast offerings. I am excited to tell you that Hampton is looking into changing several of the approved breakfast items that we can offer. We hope that on your next visit these items will be available for you.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I travel to the Clute, TX area for work a few times per year. Most of the hotels in the area are new/newer so there really isn’t much negative to say in comparison. I prefer to stay at Hilton chains vs Marriott as I have had a few bad experiences with Marriott locations, so i chose Hampton Inn over some of the competition. The rooms are clean and the beds are fine, for work, I can’t ask for much more. I do like that they have a fridge and microwave in the room. I don’t think you would be wrong if you stay at the Holiday Inn (shares a parking lot) or the Towne Suites (Marriott hotel 2 doors down), but I know the Hampton will treat you well for a quick work stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dipti-Hampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Michael G,

We appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton brand.

We at the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson strive to maintain the brand standards so travellers will know there is always a clean, comfortable place to stay. It is rewarding to know that we have succeeded.

We hope to see you again soon, we would love to have you.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Front desk was very helpful, the breakfast was great, the rooms were great very clean. The room internet was helpful, the rooms had a Fridge and microwave. The best sleep I had in a long time. The hotel was very clean, from the lobby to the rooms

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dominic C,

Reviews like yours make our day!!

Our staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson takes great pride in providing the best accomodations available. Our reward is knowing that we have made a great impression on our guests. Thank you so much for your confirming that we are doing a good job.

Can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Checkin was smooth and friendly. Josh had checked me in and was very sharp and professonal. I went up to my room and it was very big. The bed comforter had a cloud like feel to it. I like my beds soft and it didn't disappoint. The bed was heaven and I slept like a baby...next morning, I was greeted by breakfest attendent Leroy...Leroy isn't just a worker here but he's more of an old friend that you've never met before, truely an amazing kind person. The breakfest consists of eggs, sausage gravy, and biscuits..they had fruits, yogurt, waffles, danishes, cereal,and other items as well. I have stayed at the all the other nicer hotels on this street and this breakfest is the 2nd best (the holiday inn next door is kind of the same but it is better.) The hampton inn beds are better than holiday inns but I guess you have to choose based on preferences. I've stayed at other places and the hampton inn wins hands down because it is the cleanest...very fresh scent and very peaceful. Good job.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear AlanaVienna,

Its gives us great pleasure to know you experienced the warm Hamptonality of our staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson.

We agree that our Cloud 9 beds are the most comfortable in the industry. Our breakfast selection changes on a daily basis. You may find on your next visit that the items available will be more to your liking.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you again for your positive feedback. Dipti and your friends at the Hampton Inn & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clute
Ocean Village Hotel
#6 of 9 in Clute
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
#3 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute? Share your experiences!