Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Edmonton, Canada
“Good stay”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed 3 nights here for a business trip. The hotel is very good with nice big rooms. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful. The free breakfasts are ok. Hotel has a nice outdoor pool and hottub. The cookies at night are a good little snack.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear trapper37,

Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Clute/Lake Jackson.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I will be happy to relay your compliments to our staff.

We look forward to providing you with another excellent experience soon!

Jay, Kru and the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Clute/Lake Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Port Lavaca, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Very nice stay! My husband and myself recently stayed at this property Thursday and Friday last week. Front desk staff very friendly and efficient. Room itself was spotless. Breakfast was perfect with multiple choices and constantly refilled. We were very impressed with Bertilia who worked in the breakfast bar area. She was either refilling everything, cleaning, etc. always had a smile. Awesome worker! Will definately stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jackcom7
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear jackcom7,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Clute/Lake Jackson.

It is such a pleasure to hear that you appreciated and noticed what a wonderful job Bertilia does everyday. Customer service and quality are the priorities of all our employees.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Victoria, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Very Nice hotel in a nice area. I stayed at the Hotel for a week and it was a very nice Hotel. The room was clean, quiet and Spacious. I loved the clean remote in the room!! The only problem I had was every night my keys would stop working and I would have to visit the Front Desk. When I got to the Front Desk there wasn't anyone around. I would have to make noise to get them to come from wherever. One Night I had to look for them and I found them in the breakfast area watching tv. I Would definitely stay here again despite this small problem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Daryl S,

We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Clute/Lake Jackson are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to apologize for you having to come down to reprogram your keys every evening. I will also look into why the front desk agent was not at the front desk.
I would like to thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and want to reassure you that we will resolve these issues.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel was one of the nicer Holiday Inn Express' I've been too. Very nicely decorated and comfortable. Not too noisy and it was perfect for what I needed. Their breakfast was your typical complimentary breakfast type food, but it wasn't bad at all. As for their customer service-no complaints whatsoever! Everyone was extremely friendly and they were willing to work with my weird schedule. I work night shifts and the problem is that I didn't really need the room for your typical check in/check out times that hotels usually offer. I needed to be able to sleep till at least 4 and then check out at 5. Pat was very understanding and very helpful. She made the calls necessary to help accommodate my unusual schedule without any hesitation and didn't make me feel like I was bothering her at all. She got it all done in a timely fashion as well as my need for the hotel stay came up very last minute. I was very pleased with my stay here and would stay here again without question. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Liz B
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Liz B,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know how well we've done.

I'll be happy to relay your glowing compliments to my team members. It was a pleasure to hear that they made your stay exceptional.

Thanks again for staying at our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at all the "nicer" hotels in this area and was suprised this was number 3 on tripadvisor when it should be number 1 in rhis area. It is the nicest hotel in the area hands down overall. The hot breakfest is the best and I enjoyed the pancakes :) The lady who worked the breakfest area (forgot name) is very kind and hard working. I was the only one there because I woke up early and she made sure to ask if I needed anything ( i didnt but it was a kind gesture knowing that she cared to make sure I had everything I needed). The breakfest area was spotless and very well maintained. The hot tub and pool was relaxing as well. #1 Hotel in brazoria county.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank AlanaVienna
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear AlanaVienna,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your opinion of our hotel encourages us to continue to strive for number one.

I'm glad you enjoyed our express start breakfast, and were able to relax at our pool and hot tub.
It is always our pleasure to offer you the very best in service and accomodations.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

First impression, there is not much in Clute, TX. However, there is an awesome Holiday Inn Express and Suites! I stayed the night before going fishing out on the gulf and had a great night sleep. The design is very modern and neat. If I am ever in Clute again, I'm staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear PJ T,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suite/Clute-Lake Jackson are glad you enjoyed the comfort and decor of our hotel.

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Humble, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The service was excellent. There wasn't any wait time at check in and the front desk person was very friendly. We were two couples and the room my sister and brother-in-law received was better than ours and they thought it was perfect for them. It was complete with a refrigerator and a sink, a desk, another table and a foldout sofa. The decor of the room is very up-to-date and the colors are very relaxing. We were next to the housekeeping room and our room was half tile and half carpet without the additional sitting area. It felt like a very wide corridor and I didn't like it. There is a lot of lighting in the bathroom but the bedroom could use an additional light alongside the chair and the desk could use a different type of light. There was a free breakfast but no one cared for the quality of the food - too prepackaged.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sleeper sofa. It will be a much larger room.