Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Houston, Texas
“Nice Stay!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel was one of the nicer Holiday Inn Express' I've been too. Very nicely decorated and comfortable. Not too noisy and it was perfect for what I needed. Their breakfast was your typical complimentary breakfast type food, but it wasn't bad at all. As for their customer service-no complaints whatsoever! Everyone was extremely friendly and they were willing to work with my weird schedule. I work night shifts and the problem is that I didn't really need the room for your typical check in/check out times that hotels usually offer. I needed to be able to sleep till at least 4 and then check out at 5. Pat was very understanding and very helpful. She made the calls necessary to help accommodate my unusual schedule without any hesitation and didn't make me feel like I was bothering her at all. She got it all done in a timely fashion as well as my need for the hotel stay came up very last minute. I was very pleased with my stay here and would stay here again without question. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Liz B
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Liz B,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites/Clute-Lake Jackson appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know how well we've done.

I'll be happy to relay your glowing compliments to my team members. It was a pleasure to hear that they made your stay exceptional.

Thanks again for staying at our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jay, Kru and the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Clute/Lake Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at all the "nicer" hotels in this area and was suprised this was number 3 on tripadvisor when it should be number 1 in rhis area. It is the nicest hotel in the area hands down overall. The hot breakfest is the best and I enjoyed the pancakes :) The lady who worked the breakfest area (forgot name) is very kind and hard working. I was the only one there because I woke up early and she made sure to ask if I needed anything ( i didnt but it was a kind gesture knowing that she cared to make sure I had everything I needed). The breakfest area was spotless and very well maintained. The hot tub and pool was relaxing as well. #1 Hotel in brazoria county.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank AlanaVienna
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear AlanaVienna,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your opinion of our hotel encourages us to continue to strive for number one.

I'm glad you enjoyed our express start breakfast, and were able to relax at our pool and hot tub.
It is always our pleasure to offer you the very best in service and accomodations.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

First impression, there is not much in Clute, TX. However, there is an awesome Holiday Inn Express and Suites! I stayed the night before going fishing out on the gulf and had a great night sleep. The design is very modern and neat. If I am ever in Clute again, I'm staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear PJ T,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suite/Clute-Lake Jackson are glad you enjoyed the comfort and decor of our hotel.

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Humble, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The service was excellent. There wasn't any wait time at check in and the front desk person was very friendly. We were two couples and the room my sister and brother-in-law received was better than ours and they thought it was perfect for them. It was complete with a refrigerator and a sink, a desk, another table and a foldout sofa. The decor of the room is very up-to-date and the colors are very relaxing. We were next to the housekeeping room and our room was half tile and half carpet without the additional sitting area. It felt like a very wide corridor and I didn't like it. There is a lot of lighting in the bathroom but the bedroom could use an additional light alongside the chair and the desk could use a different type of light. There was a free breakfast but no one cared for the quality of the food - too prepackaged.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sleeper sofa. It will be a much larger room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ToriBarry
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear ToriBarry,

I would like to thank you for offering this feedback about your recent stay with us.

We do have several different room types available. We have everything from 2 bedroom suites to basic standard rooms. We hope that the next time you visit we will be able to better accomodate your needs.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the decor of our hotel. I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind about the lighting in the room.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Me & my family stayed here last week, the Customer Service was GREAT the rooms were very,very clean! We stayed at a Comfort Suites in Webster a week and half prior and it was the WORST hotel experience we had ever had. The location in near the beach, which is nice even with the jellyfish and seaweed present. We always go to Baytown Seafood in Freeport when we are in the area because they have great fish, shrimp, oysters, gumbo and eggrolls. I feel hotels in general have a high staff turn over rate but I don't feel that Holiday Inn Express in Clute does. As long as the customer service and management doesn't change then we would stay here again in the future...for sure:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear S G,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

There is nothing more rewarding than to be compimented on our excellent service and product. We will definitely share this with our staff.

Saint Amant, Louisiana
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a business trip to Clute. This hotel was clean and the rooms where nice. We had to full sizes beds, mic , and fridge. The breakfast was very good and fresh. Will book here from now on when in Clute. Beach was not too far away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Jessica B,

We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Clute/Lake Jackson are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Customer satisfaction is very important to us, and its rewarding when our guests recognize our efforts.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

New Mexico
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a very nice, clean, bright hotel with very friendly staff. Our room was spacious, light, and clean. Breakfast did not have too many choices, but there was enough standard fare to get by (breads, cereals, sweets, fruit). Bring your own mug if you don't like Styrofoam coffee cups! The hot tub was not operational which was a big disappointment and we couldn't use the hot tub at the sister property because theirs was not in working order either. We reserved a queen suite for a family of 6 and we were lacking a couple sets of towels (of course we were given more on request). The staff did everything to make us feel welcome and comfortable. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear abqtraveler13,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable rooms. Our staff takes pride in offering exceptional service--I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

I am so sorry about the hot tub being out of order during your stay. This issue has since been resolved and the hot tub is in working order now.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clute
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute
#3 of 6 in Lake Jackson
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest? Share your experiences!