“Very nice property with friendly staff.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clute
New Mexico
“Very nice property with friendly staff.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a very nice, clean, bright hotel with very friendly staff. Our room was spacious, light, and clean. Breakfast did not have too many choices, but there was enough standard fare to get by (breads, cereals, sweets, fruit). Bring your own mug if you don't like Styrofoam coffee cups! The hot tub was not operational which was a big disappointment and we couldn't use the hot tub at the sister property because theirs was not in working order either. We reserved a queen suite for a family of 6 and we were lacking a couple sets of towels (of course we were given more on request). The staff did everything to make us feel welcome and comfortable. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear abqtraveler13,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable rooms. Our staff takes pride in offering exceptional service--I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

I am so sorry about the hot tub being out of order during your stay. This issue has since been resolved and the hot tub is in working order now.

Thanks again for staying at our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jay, Kru and the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Clute/Lake Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chelsea, Alabama
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a nice clean hotel. Internet service was very poor didn't work 2 nights and was slow the rest of the week. Other than that it was very nice. Staff was friendly. Easy access lots of good food close bye. Room was nice and tv was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Len C,

I would like to thank you for offering this feedback about your recent stay with us. I deeply regret that you had problems with your internet service. We have looked into this and the issue has been fixed. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all the other aspects of your stay.

Lampasas, Texas
Reviewed December 21, 2012

So my family of 5 stayed here recently for a weekend getaway. The room was spacious, had all the amenities, frig, microwave, a sleeper sofa. Because there were only a few families there that weekend, it was like we had the whole place to ourselves! We enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub all to ourselves. Breakfast was plentiful, especially since there were only a couple of other families eating. Since the hotel was near vacant, it was so quiet and peaceful at night, unlike other hotels I have stayed at with loud banging doors. The staff was friendly and the location was perfect, about 5 minutes from the beach. I read some review where they did not like the retro decor. We thought it was cool. Kind of 70's looking, but it looked neat and everything there looked brand new. I rarely write hotel reviews, unless they are terrible. But until this hotel, I had yet to find a really good one. Well, this one was a good one! I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank K J
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear KJ,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate the positive comments about our decor. It is always our pleasure to offer you great service and amenities.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel looks brand new. It is VERY clean and beautifully furnished. The decor is light, colorful, and modern - very appealing. The rooms are good size and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is a little tricky negotiating the roads to get to and from it since it is on a one way frontage road, but that is true of all the hotels in that area. The breakfast was typical of Holiday Inn Express. All in all, it was a very enjoyable place to stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
Kru-HIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear John H,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Clute. We look forward seeing you during your next visit to the Clute-Lake Jackson area. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review.

Jay, Kru and the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Geoje, South Korea
Reviewed July 7, 2012

New, clean, modern and comfortable.
The soap they provide smells like snickerdoodles!! Front desk and breakfast attendants very accommodating and friendly. One thing that was kind of odd was that we felt a bit like we were competing for food at the breakfast buffet. The housekeepers come in and eat while the guests are eating. I don't mean to seem elitist, I have been a housekeeper...but it seems maybe they could eat after the guests. One day of breakfast there was no juice at all and only 3 small cartons of milk. All the other breakfast was delish as expected at the HiExpress. :)

Also, it was pretty gross that people (other guests I would assume), deem it necessary to drop their chewing tobacco right outside the door. One hunk of tobacco sat there from the time we came in in the evening until the next morning. Perhaps the front desk person, (Showina?), could have swept that up, rather than sitting on the lobby sofa chatting on her cell phone?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Don't go to this "hotel" if you want to have a good time with your family!!
I spent Memorial weekend with my family and I am very dissapionted with this location.
Sunday and Monday morning NO BREAKFAST AT ALL!!!! Literally nothing on shelfs, no milk, no yogourts, no bread, no sausages, no scrambled eggs, just juice and coffee, when I asked the kitchen attendant if she can replenish the missing items her reply was "I am sorry Sr. we are out of food"!!!!! went to front desk and asked for a Manager on duty, the answer was "there's only me here, can I help you?" when I told the Lady about the situation she told me that "she knew" what was going on and there was nothing she could do! "Our owner left us without anything, If you want i can send somebody out to get you something!! Both days the same situation, I am very sorry about this employees , they have to be there to face all the issues and the "Owner" knowing that they will be sold out 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE" (I know this because I called the hotel, talked to the GM/Owner and he told me in MARCH that I can only get 2 rooms because they will be sold out Memorial day weekend. I just don't understand why he didn't prevent all this situation, it was a very easy thing to prevent, JUST BUY THE FOOD ENOUGH FOR ALL YOUR PAYING GUESTS SR!!!!! Also you can use one more kitchen attendant to help when you know you will be sold out, one person is not enough to clean, replenish food and take care of all the requests that she/he might get
If you decide to go to this hotel be ready to take your kids to McDonals on 322 and Dixie... THATS WHAT I DID!!!!!!!.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank chelodriver
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear chelodriver,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
alabama
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Beautiful executive suite. Wish we were staying longer!! Clean, comfy. Lovely!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clute
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute
Baymont Inn & Suites Clute
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
#3 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest? Share your experiences!