Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest
$121
$144
$129
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$71
$60
$118
$115
$130
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 7, 2012

New, clean, modern and comfortable.
The soap they provide smells like snickerdoodles!! Front desk and breakfast attendants very accommodating and friendly. One thing that was kind of odd was that we felt a bit like we were competing for food at the breakfast buffet. The housekeepers come in and eat while the guests are eating. I don't mean to seem elitist, I have been a housekeeper...but it seems maybe they could eat after the guests. One day of breakfast there was no juice at all and only 3 small cartons of milk. All the other breakfast was delish as expected at the HiExpress. :)

Also, it was pretty gross that people (other guests I would assume), deem it necessary to drop their chewing tobacco right outside the door. One hunk of tobacco sat there from the time we came in in the evening until the next morning. Perhaps the front desk person, (Showina?), could have swept that up, rather than sitting on the lobby sofa chatting on her cell phone?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Don't go to this "hotel" if you want to have a good time with your family!!
I spent Memorial weekend with my family and I am very dissapionted with this location.
Sunday and Monday morning NO BREAKFAST AT ALL!!!! Literally nothing on shelfs, no milk, no yogourts, no bread, no sausages, no scrambled eggs, just juice and coffee, when I asked the kitchen attendant if she can replenish the missing items her reply was "I am sorry Sr. we are out of food"!!!!! went to front desk and asked for a Manager on duty, the answer was "there's only me here, can I help you?" when I told the Lady about the situation she told me that "she knew" what was going on and there was nothing she could do! "Our owner left us without anything, If you want i can send somebody out to get you something!! Both days the same situation, I am very sorry about this employees , they have to be there to face all the issues and the "Owner" knowing that they will be sold out 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE" (I know this because I called the hotel, talked to the GM/Owner and he told me in MARCH that I can only get 2 rooms because they will be sold out Memorial day weekend. I just don't understand why he didn't prevent all this situation, it was a very easy thing to prevent, JUST BUY THE FOOD ENOUGH FOR ALL YOUR PAYING GUESTS SR!!!!! Also you can use one more kitchen attendant to help when you know you will be sold out, one person is not enough to clean, replenish food and take care of all the requests that she/he might get
If you decide to go to this hotel be ready to take your kids to McDonals on 322 and Dixie... THATS WHAT I DID!!!!!!!.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank chelodriver
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear chelodriver,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clute Southwest. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Beautiful executive suite. Wish we were staying longer!! Clean, comfy. Lovely!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We take several short trips with the kids. We typically stay in hotels that have small suites. (2 doubles/queens with foldout couch). That is the configuration this room had. The hotel itself is very new and very clean. The same goes for our room. The only issues we had was the foldout bead still had wadded up sheets from a previous guest. We did not discover this until about 10:30 p.m. We went the front desk and got a new set without any problems. The staff was friendly and professional. The breakfast was good and included hot items such as bacon, biscuits and sausage gravy, pancakes and some really good cinnamon rolls. The was also the standard cold fare such as rolls, bread, cereal, etc...

Although nothing fancy, they have a surprisingly nice pool and hot tub for this size hotel.

We stayed here after a day at the beach, which was only 10 -15 minutes away.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My family and I visited the beach memorial day weekend. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Any place I needed directions to they had printed on handy index cards. The rooms were bright and happy with retro decore... Loved it. The breakfast of bacon and eggs was sereved by a pleasant woman, and they even had a pancake mechaine. Everyone was so nice. It made our weekend that much more awesome. We'll defenatly be back!

Room Tip: Great Staff, Great Rooms, Close to the Beach
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family