“Yummy”
Review of Red Rooster - CLOSED

Red Rooster
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is about as close to home cook you can get without cooking it your self. Large servings Great Prices.... And most important the WHOLE STAFF is VERY NICE,HELPFULL, & FAST.
I manage a local Hotel & send guest there daily

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Good southern cooking. Great food for the money. I had a chicken friend steak and it was huge...and delicious.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and I were driving through to Houston from Louisiana and pulled up restaurants along 59S on the GPS, and this was one of the ones that came up. I was craving a hole in the wall place with good country food, and that is exactly what we got. It is very small with a homey feel to it. As with some of the other reviews, the service wasn't brag worthy. The girl was friendly, but not overly attentive. She didn't seem to mind when we reminded her of what we needed, though. I don't know if there is no smoking at all now or if we just lucked up and no one was smoking that night, but I didn't even smell a hint of smoke. It IS a hole in the wall, but don't let the looks of the place fool you. The food is wicked good. I had chicken fried steak and it was amazing, and the mashed potatoes were the real deal. My husband had the grilled shrimp and it was awesome. It came with a huge crispy piece of garlic bread that had to be homemade. There was a huge selection of deserts so I got the chocolate eruption to go and it was divine. My husband doesn't get excited about much, but he loved this place and we both agreed that we will definitely be stopping again on our way through.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

This restaurant is just north of Cleveland on the Highway 59 access road. Watch for signs on the right. You can take the 2025 Coldspring exit and follow the access road.
The restaurant serves excellent American food, including a Chicken Fried Steak to hug your mother for, The large one covers the plate, and most can't even eat it all.
The cheeseburger and fries are magnificent, too. They also have a hamburger steak stuffed with cheese that
really makes your mouth water. In short, I have not had an entree there that is not way above standard.
It is well worth the drive. Be sure to dress casually, because it is a country place.

You definitely will not be sorry you made the effort to find it !!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Waited 45 minutes for chicken fingers meal. Then they brought wrong thing ..steak fingers. No apology, no discount..just said oh well. Never going back. The waitresses were to busy flirting with men to pay attention to what they were doing.

1  Thank bratdld