This was my first time staying here at Artesian Lakes. Service was excellent and the food was amazing! The cabin was cozy and cute. I stayed in the DAJ cabin, the view was okay because your porch faces a bridge. Next time I would stay at CAP. It was cold so we didn't get to do a lot of the activities but they still offered horse back riding and the hot tub was heated. Beautiful scenery throughout so when you pick up your picnic basket it's hard to choose where to sit and enjoy the delicious food they pack in this cute basket. We bought extra snacks but we did not eat half of what we bought because they feed you very well. Only thing that was a bummer was that they don't have wifi, only at the main hall. I work constantly so I had to keep going to check my work emails. But they did say they are working on that issue. So hopefully when I come back they will have wifi by then!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Retreat at Artesian Lakes (formerly Chain - O - Lakes Resort & Conference Center) is a uniquely designed, nature-focused facility ideal for family vacations, romantic getaways, weddings, group retreats and business conferences.Located on the edge of the Texas Big Thicket National Preserve, about one hour north of Houston, The Retreat at Artesian Lakes offers overnight accommodations in authentic log cabins, log suites, and private log homes. The Retreat at Artesian Lakes is also home to Hilltop Restaurant, a famous East Texas landmark founded by renowned herbalist and cook, Madalene Hill. Hilltop's exquisite cuisine is based on the herbs grown in the adjacent garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your The Retreat at Artesian Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Retreat At Artesian Lakes Hotel Cleveland
- Retreat At Artesian Lakes Cleveland
- Chain o Lakes Cleveland
- The Retreat At Artesian Lakes Texas/Cleveland