“Excellent small town motel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Cleveland
Ringgold
“Excellent small town motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Cleveland Texas LQ WAS GREAT. The front desk was helpful and friendly. We arrived around noon and allowed us to check in early which was wonderful. This gave us more time with the family we were visiting. We also love this location right off of Hwy 59. Overall, if you go to Cleveland Texas, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

HospitalityCat, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We are so glad that you chose to be our guest, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in town. Until then, take good care of yourselves and stay on the bright side. :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had been driving all night, and was looking for a place to stay beginning in the morning (and through at least the next day). I've traveled quite a bit for a good deal of my life, and one of the many changes that have occurred in the way hotels and motels are run is that it's now considerably more difficult to get a room early in the morning. And many establishments that do allow either charge an "early check-in fee," or will not accept discounted rates (as might be found in a hotel coupon book).

But luckily, there are still many exceptions, of course. I called a couple of places before reaching this La Quinta. I was looking for a King Smoking room. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the person I spoke with, but she advised me that she only had one room of that type available, and that was a suite. However, she said that because I am a Gold La Quinta member, that she would give me the room for the same price as a standard room, and that the room was available immediately (with no surcharge for early check-in).

For those who don't know the area, Cleveland, TX is about 40 minutes to an hour Northeast of Houston, depending upon what part of the city you're in. Unless you have family in the immediate area, there really isn't much in terms of things to do or places to go in Cleveland, and if you were to continue driving further Northeast on US-59 from Houston, the area becomes very, very rural. But at about 40 minutes from Northern Houston, it's a great place to stop and get some rest.

When I arrived, the person I had spoken with on the phone was there, and immediately checked me in. I would describe the room as more of an Executive King than a suite, because although the room was large enough to be a suite, it wasn't divided into more than one room. In any event, it was probably among the nicest rooms I've stayed at any of the La Quintas I've stayed at. In fact, I ended up staying for three nights. And even though other King Smoking rooms almost certainly had become available during that time period, the staff was kind enough to allow me to keep the same room at no additional charge. When I finally did check-out, I was able to extend check-out time until around 2:00 PM as a courtesy.

I would highly recommend this particular property as it was in excellent condition and, more importantly in this case, because of its terrific, hospitable staff. And while you may not find much of interest in the area, keep in mind that you're really only (what I consider to be) a short drive from Houston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HospitalityCat, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest. We are so glad that you felt welcomed and that you enjoyed our hospitality. Please call us again when you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent customer service!!!! Make sure to ask for Polly if you stay she is the best at making your stay comfortable and worry free! The King suites are spacious , comfortable, clean and great for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
HospitalityCat, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you appreciate Polly as much as we do. We'll look forward to seeing you next time you're in town.
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and were recommended to stay at the La Quinta. I was a little unsure about staying here but with all the wonderful reviews I figured it couldn't be that bad. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and well kept the the hotel was, and how wonderfully the staff treated everyone.

It took a minute to find the location even with a gps but eventually we figured it out. The room was very clean and there were even mints on the pillows :) The gym was an average small hotel gym, but workable. The pool was nice but did get a little crowded in the evening. The breakfast buffet was just enough and they served Starbucks coffee. The only thing that brings down the overall rating is the physical location of the hotel. I didn't feel like I was in the safest of areas. However, I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone that was needing to stay in this area, you can't beat the price for what you get here!

Room Tip: We had a King Suite directly over the lobby and it was very quite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laine B
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry that you had a little trouble finding us. Unfortunately, GPS tends to have trouble with addresses with "highway" in the name, so I usually tell people to put in the address of the Hot Biscuit Restaurant, since their parking lot is attached to ours. If you put in 1002 South Washington, Cleveland, TX 77327, you can enter through their parking lot and drive through it to ours. I'm not really sure why you didn't feel the area was safe, but if there is anything we can do to make you feel more secure here, let us know. Thank you again for staying with us.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times, but the last visit was not nearly as pleasant as those prior. The room that we were initially put in smelled like animal urine, so I called down to the desk to see about switching rooms. The woman at the desk was very pleasant and was able to get us into another room. Unfortunately, the next room smelled of pee as well. The room & hotel are always nice, but the faint smell of pee seemed to linger in the room. We travel with a dog, so I understand that sometimes animals just "go". As I was checking out, I attempted to address this smell issue with the GM, but he seemed to be very defensive about the matter. He went on to tell me about the cleaning chemicals that are used and the process, etc. It seemed as if the GM could not take a complaint from a customer without personally being offended. All my previous interactions at this hotel were superior, but I have always dealt with the two ladies at the front desk. To the GM, please leave the customer service to Polly & Cathy, as they seem to be better at it. In addition, please find cleaning chemicals that are specifically for animal urine, and not just another bottle of your expensive hotel cleaner.

Room Tip: The Executive King rooms are very pleasantly laid out.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MelanyH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
BEST WESTERN Cleveland Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Cleveland
#6 of 7 in Cleveland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland? Share your experiences!