“Not so pretty good this time”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cleburne
Houston
“Not so pretty good this time”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here 4-5 times over the last few years. Most were outstanding. This stay sucked. Got a room with an adjoining door. Dips next door had a a party. And were loud. Breakfast was supposed to be at 5:30. Went down at 6:15 and NO food, with dips waiting around. The heater did not work on thermostat. We left .April 3.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Regina B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for your for your review. I sincerely appologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I completely understand your frustration with the noise level and being told the wrong time for breakfast. I have gone over the correct times of each guest ammenity with all my staff and have also advised them not to book the connecting rooms unless requested by the guest, as I know how thin the door between the 2 rooms can be.

In the future please don't hesitate to contact the front desk immediately, so that we may correct the issue and make your stay a more comfortable one. We value and appreciate your loyalty to the brand and to our location. I'd like to offer a complimentary upgrade into a Jacuzzi Suite, available on your next stay, and I am sure your stay will be a more pleasant next time your here. Please just mention this Upgrade to the front desk agent that books your next reservation, and I will also log it in our system.

If you have any questions or other concerns please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the number listed below. Thank you for your time and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Cleburne, Tx!

Best Regards,

Regina Bates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 22, 2013

No hot water our first morning was told that both boilers went out?? We would have relocated but we were traveling with our four young grandsons and unpacking and re packing to much trouble. We are seasoned travelers and have come to expect more from HI Express. No change of towels on second day oh.... Could they be assuming that no hot water equaled not bathing four boys NOT. Pool was green. Breakfast was dried out at 9 am. Cereal was good but MILK was SOUR. Lobby was too hot 82 degrees is what I read on thermostat in dinning area.

• Stayed March 2013
Regina B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest and my deepest apologies for your experience. Our goal is for all of our guests to leave here 100% satisfied, and I am sorry we were not able to provide the service that is our norm. We had some issues that day, I quickly and effectively resolved them by midmorning. Again my deepest apologies, and I would like another chance to show you that we do provide 100% satisfaction to each and everyone of our guests.
Houston
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The HI Express in Cleburne continues to impress. Good price and friendly service and the best breakfast for the price!!! We come to Cleburne about twice a year on family business and will continue to stay here until they do something untoward.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Regina B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to the Brand and the Holiday Inn Express in Cleburne, TX. Also for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the compliment and we are looking forward to your return stay. I will make sure I share your kind words with the staff and do our absolute best to continue to meet your expectations. That is our #1 goal Guest Satisfcation.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I took my youth department to this hotel for youth conference in town, When we checked in we were informed that they were not going to honor the price that we agreed upon. They then charge just for the rollaway beds that they agreed to give us for free. So we went to our rooms. The boys room was dirty and had Alcohol still in it from the previous customers! So here I am with teenagers in a room with alcohol. I went downstairs and calmly asked for another room, I was then informed that they had no more suites available And they do the room was dirty. So I'm now out of town with the youth department in a hotel that did not have the rooms that I booked available upon arrival. I ended up paying for an additional double queen room, And two rollaway beds. All in all I paid $50 more than what we agreed upon. Regina Bates, The general manager, Is unwilling to Work with anyone, With whom her staff fell short, And caused their stay to be very unpleasant. The fire alarms went off the next morning, The maintenance man told me that the fire alarms go off two to three times a month At random. When that happened the front desk clerk push so many buttons on the electronics panel that they deactivated all of the key cards to the third floor. All in all I will never use this hotel again possibly never even this hotel brand because corporate would not work with us either.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank aaron88260
Regina B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the to time complete a review.. I sincerely apologize that your recent stay with us was not satisfactory. I strive to meet the expectations of all our guests and provide everyone with our Customer Service Satisfaction Promise. I rely on your feedback to future improve on our services, and this gives me an opportunity to correct any inconsistencies. Your feedback is very important to me and valuable.

I want to reiterate the sincerity of my apology, and would like to have the opportunity of another chance to show you that we can and do provide 100% guest satisfaction. I welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Cleburne, TX.

Noted in the review that you paid 50.00 more then agreed upon. I corrected that amount and again I sincerely apologize for the misunderstand and over site.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We attended a family function and arrived at a nice clean hotel fully packed with people. After hours in the TX sun in the car driving it felt great to walk into a nice new cold room and relax a bit. The room was located near the beautiful swimming pool which looked awesome.

I should've gotten up earlier because there were tons of kids that had already devoured the breakfast but there were a couple of pieces still left. The lobby looks brand new and fresh.

I wish the location was a little closer into town or near restaurants but its decent. I'd come back to this hotel for future trips because of the quality of hotel, the pool and decent pricing for the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Conejito2011
Regina B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We appreciate the compliments on the Hotel and your stay with us. It is always a pleasant feeling when our guests leave the Hotel satisfied. That is always our goal. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Spent a pleasant evening in Cleburne at the Holiday Inn. The highlight of this visit was swimming in the indoor pool and hot tub. It was a chilly March night and we needed to wash off some road grime. This play area also includes a basketball court and three hole putting green. Holiday Inn rarely disappoints with quality of the bed, linens, pillows, etc. We had a nice stay in the room.
Breakfast was nice - good selection of eggs, biscuits, sausage, gravy, pancake machine, cereals, their famous cinnamon rolls, etc. Nice start to the day. Highly recommend this place for creature comforts.
Kristina was a friendly host and checked in our party very quickly and efficiently. She made sure we had everything we needed for our brief stay.
The only problem here was the slow Internet connections in the room. If that's important to you, the business center is conveniently located off the lobby.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Rambotuba
We are so glad that you were able to enjoy our stay after a long ride. We make it our number one goal that our guests are comfortable the minute you walk in the door. I will make sure the staff members know about your compliments. I appreciate the time you took to write a review.
houston
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Again, needed another place to stay on our girls weekend shopping trip and again booked through "hotel name not revealed until you book" site. Nice property, clean and updated. No issue or problems and pleasant friendly check in! Rooms were clean and comfy.

If in the area, I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends