“Not so good”

Description: Inside the Red Horse Antique Mall
Cleburne, Texas
“Not so good”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I tried this place several weeks ago based on the reviews.
We each ordered a Chicken based entree recommended by the waitress.
Before the entree was served, we were brought a bowl of some kind of soup. It
had the look and consistency of dishwater. I have eaten similar styled soups at
two local buffets (egg drop and spicy) and this was not nearly as good. Way too salty
and was barely warm. Our Chicken entree arrived and, it looked ok, but was way
too salty. We are both in our 60's, so we do not normally require large portions. However,
for the price, I thought the size was smallish. There could not have possibly been more
than two or three tablespoons of chicken on each of our plates. Perhaps they were running
low on chicken? I would expect that for the prices (lunch) their quality and quantity would
have been much better. We are from Dallas, and I doubt this restaurant would last 3 months
with the competition either in Dallas or Ft Worth. The facility was clean and the wait person
was friendly and nice (we tipped her well). But the facility (with gravel parking) would be much
more adapted to a mexican restaurant. The remodeling inside the restaurant appeared to
be done by owners and was not nearly as good as what it could have looked like. I have been to several "mom and pop" restaurants that paid more attention to the furnishings and decor. It just appeared to me that every corner that could be cut, was. Normally, I give a new restaurant at least one more shot, but not this time. The only thing I can't figure out is why our experience didn't seem to match what most of the other reviewers say. I guess it could be that since this is the only Thai restaurant in town, it seems really good? But, they do seem to have a large following who thinks differently than we do. My advice..... try it and see if my experience was just a fluke.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank NormDell

Burleson, Texas
“Excellent Thai food”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Great lunch menu, perfect portion. Didn't care for the very small spring rolls. Would have preferred one regular size spring roll. The food was excellent, just the right amount of spice.

Rogers, Arkansas
“Great Thai Food-Friendly”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is a small family owned local business. Excellent Thai food. A real gem, located here. We had the Tom yum and Pad Thai. A real stand out in a town full of Mexican, BBQ & Southern comfort food.
Please support this fine family business.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank dclinto320
“You wouldn't expect to find Amazing Thai food in this little rural town!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food here is amazing.. The Tom Kai Soup is the best and the Panang Curry is my favorite.
This is a little hole in the wall owned and operated by the sweetest Thai family.
If you ever find yourself in Cleburne, TX this is a place you MUST visit!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank cdudleytx
USA
“Very good Thai Food...”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very good food, well seasoned and fresh. My only complaint was with the cleanliness of the place...the table was very sticky and everything was sticking to the table. This was a recon trip to bring my family and friends but now I am only bring my man friends...also place has a funny smell.

• Visited September 2013