“Family-friendly”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Cleburne
Henderson, Nevada
“Family-friendly”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This property was clean and updated, and family-friendly. A great price for the amenities offered and the managers were hospitable, including providing a bottle of water and cookie for each person upon arrival. I was traveling with my 89 year old mom and two children, 10 and 12, so appreciated that there was an elevator for my mom and the luggage. I'd gladly stay here again and recommend it for any budget-conscious family. PS It is located in the country, close to a pasture of cows - a fun bonus for my city kids.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
bestforourguest, Manager at Best Way Inn Cleburne, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon to visit Cleburne!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Based on this being rate the #2 out of 14 or 16 hotels in Cleburne, TX, I booked this hotel for my husband as his mother was under full hospice care and her death was imminent. It seemed like a good deal, and I'm always uneasy about the low-price provider as I am a true believer in that you get what you pay for. But this got so many great reviews that I thought "Hey, what the heck - maybe it's a diamond in the rough". Ugh. Wish I could take that decision back!

My husband arrived a few days before I did, and said the place was "OK". This place wishes it was OK! From housekeeping to odors to whomever we've been dealing with at the front desk, everything makes me wish I had chosen differently. The room has a strange odor. The pillows are beyond horrible. The bath towels are in great need of replacing - I have car wash rags at home that are in better shape than these towels. The TV worked, sometimes. When it didn't, the manager was clearly put out at having to try and fix it. The box of tissues in the bathroom has been empty the entire stay so far. We killed a weird looking spider in our room tonight. I'm afraid to walk on the floor in bare feet.

Worst of all, we weren't sure how long we'd need to stay and booked through Orbitz for 7 days, which required prepay. Total cost was over $400. When we asked about being able to have our cost prorated since we would be checking out on Wednesday (day after the funeral), we were told that we pretty much were on the hook for the entire cost. However, this property is advertising a rate of $175 per week. Really??? I plan to check with Orbitz for some sort of price guarantee, but I don't hold out much hope.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for. There's a reason this is a $55 a night hotel. It also proves that we should have followed our instincts and stuck with a chain! At least I can depend on chains, and there is accountability. I hope I get to revise my review and publicly say I was wrong, but I don't see that happening.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for and this definitely is not where you want to spend your lodging dollars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
bestforourguest, Manager at Best Way Inn Cleburne, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Ms. Lori P,

We truly regret that you had an unsatisfactory experience at our establishment.
The Best Way Inn team serves many guests each day, and we always strive to ensure that
all of our guests are happy.

The entire team would like to express our apologies to you and your family.
Our establishment is positioned as a great value for the economy segment consumer.
We provide travelers with everything they need (in terms of amenities), and nothing they don’t.
This is why we are fortunate to have many repeat customers, and we’re truly sad to learn
you weren’t happy. Customer service is a feature of our product we take seriously.

When a guest informs us of an issue, we take pride in rapidly resolving their concern.
The flat panel LCD television in your room, for example, was fixed after we learned of the issue.
Had you informed us that you were unhappy with the quality of the towels, we would have
solved that issue as well. This goes for the other items on the list you provided. We must have knowledge of the issue prior to being able to solve it. Regarding the tiny spider, we hire the same pest control establishments that “chain hotels” do. Occasionally, a tiny spider can slip through at our hotel, just like they do at any hotel nationwide. We apologize for this. It isn’t a reflection of business as usual, it’s a rare exception.

Regarding odors, if a guest orders pizza or brings home take out from a restaurant, somtimes the odor of their food can consume a hall way. We apply commercial grade air fresheners inside the hotel, however, the odor of food ordered by our guests can temporarily overwhelm even the strongest air fresheners. Your recommendations and concerns are noted, and we will take steps to ensure this sort of experience doesn’t arise again.

For our reasonable rates, guests receive a free hot breakfast, wireless internet, modern guest rooms, and additional amenities they would typically find at a newly constructed mid-scale “chain hotel.” We are proud of the price point at which we are able to offer our product. While we respectfully disagree of your characterization of our property as “a dump,” we will certainly use your experience to make our services and product more attractive and satisfying to value conscious travelers who don’t necessarily appreciate the extra costs a chain adds on to a hotel room.

In terms of your experience with Orbitz, Best Way Inn and Orbitz are different business entities.
If a consumer elects to make a reservation through Orbitz (or any online travel agency),
the online travel agency will add their commission to the cost of the room. This is how online travel agencies make money, and since you booked through Orbitz, you were charged a higher rate in order for them to collect their commission. Had you booked with Best Way Inn directly through calling the hotel, you would have received the advertised weekly rate. Unfortunately, there is nothing our hotel, or any hotel in the United States can do about an online travel agency’s policies and commissions structure.

Thank you again for writing your review. We take your constructive criticism seriously and hope to have a chance to win your satisfaction in the future.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I really had a great time, the room was perfect (including the king size bed)

Mac and his wife were great, Mac was kind enough to take me into town not once but twice

His lovely wife printed out my boarding, and gave me a small bag of food (as I was leaving for

at 4:00 am, to fly back home)

I would recommend Cleburne Best Way Inn to my Family & Friends

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tracy s
bestforourguest, Manager at Best Way Inn Cleburne, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. The Best Way Inn team looks forward to seeing you again very soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Hotel was clean - smelled good- and quiet .. The breakfast was good - the bathroom was clean although the staff left a used soap in shower - and the soap dish should be cleaned more effectively - the breakfast was good . Wish the OJ was real - it tasted like tang - that said, I will stay here again

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank George1110
Thank you so much for your kind words! We take a great deal of pride in offering our guests the best value deal in Cleburne. Come back soon and enjoy our hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and modern guest rooms!
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is definitely a must return when I am traveling this area. Almost half the price of the surrounding competition. Great folks. ONLY thing I could gig would be the bath sheets, yes that size, that may be a bit on the thin side. Mattress slept like the Holiday place with the soft topper, which I love. As stated, will return!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank OkieWyatt
Thank you! We take a tremendous amount of pride in offering wonderful customer service, in addition to clean, modern, and affordable guest rooms. You made our day!
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in Texas 6 days to be with my sister in the hospital (Texas Health Hugeley) we stayed the first 2 nights near the hospital in Burleson/Ft.Worth area in a place I will not comment on, chose to drive to Cleburne the next 4 days and 3 nights. Oh SO WORTH the drive. We have traveled so much in our lives and by FAR this is the BEST place we have ever stayed. Please do not let the single $ throw you off, which sometimes happens. The rooms are beyond up to date and clean, and the front desk husband/wife team are absolutely AWESOME. Thank You Both for your hard work and dedication. Overall, for compassion for people. Nicole Riley & Renee Barton

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ibenay
Thank you very much! We love having you here. Please come back and see the Best Way Inn team again very soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our earliest stay, at Best Way Inn, was dictated by the room rate that we received. Since that time, almost two (2) years ago, although, the room rates are quite comparable, the customer service offered by the management team of Mr. Mack and Mrs. Kay, is simply out of this world!
The two of them are an exceptional team. Very kind and accommodating! The rooms are exceptionally clean, as well as the refrigerator and microwave oven that are included in every room.
Privacy is greatly respected--there are no early morning "house keeping" knocks on the door.
The hot breakfast that is provided in the morning, free of charge, is a very nice added amenity, a great selection of breakfast items, as well as a very clean and sanitary breakfast and lounge area.
Free wi-fi is available and very easy to access, as well as the wall mounted flat screen tv, are easy for me to operate! On occasion my stays become longer than I anticipated, at those times I'm grateful for the super clean guest laundry that is available!
As a traveling female, security is extremely important--I feel VERY safe at Best Way Inn! Best way Inn will ALWAYS be mine and my companies first choice!
I spend at least six (6) nights in an eight (8) week time period at Best Way Inn.
If anyone should have any questions about my experience, you may contact me via e-mail at: kelliott1961@yahoo.com

Dr. Kim Elliott Ph.D.
Retired

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are the ones closest to the side entrance-I travel with my dog. So, access to the...