“The Breakfast is quite disappointing...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cleburne
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Cleburne
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had to ask for the complimentary room upgrade and refreshements as part of the Hilton Rewards program. The breakfast was so disappointing I went to Starbucks for breakfast. The scrambled eggs were dry and tasteless. Same with the oatmeal in the warming pot. It was so dry every morning, even at 630 AM when the area first opened. The fresh fruit looked old, so I didn't try it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mrimaniac
Orabi2, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleburne, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in town please visit us again. Thank you for your comments
/General Manager

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was very impressed with the hotel overall. From the moment I checked in (Danielle was SOOOO nice and welcoming) until the time I checked out, the staff were very friendly and accomodating. The only downfall of this hotel is the breakfast so if you are going for the breakfast, I would not recommend it, but the rooms are very nice. The staff were wonderful.

Room Tip: I asked for a room that did not fact the hospital emergency room based on other's recommendation...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is almost new - 2 years old. It is so clean and has everything you need. It was quiet and the staff were well trained in customer service. The breakfast was amazing - Texas omelets, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, waffles, fresh fruit, muffins and more. There is 24/7 coffee, which is very good. Also newspapers are available and free. We will stay here again if we come this way. So glad I found this hotel. Rates were reasonable too.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a difficult time checking in although I had made phone reservations. The person who checked us in was nice though.

New Years morning after a very long night at a church service my daughters and I were awoken by the maid service, I declined the service at 8:00 in the morning but expected them to come back by later, our room was never serviced that day. We stayed a total of three days and only one day did our room have maid service.

My daughters enjoyed the indoor pool but there were never any towels available for them to dry off with. I even told a lady at the front desk and she did nothing about it, very frustrating.

I was charged extra fees on my credit card and no one can tell me what they are for and my calls to the manager of the property, Sana Orabi have gone unanswered. The gentleman who answered the phone stated he was told " to charge my credit card" and that's what he did. He was absolutely no help at all, although he did accuse me of jacking up their towels and my daughter wetting the bed on purpose. Considering I work for the State of Texas and do a lot of traveling for business and leisure purposes, I will not be staying at this hotel again or recommending this hotel to my co-workers.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank AGGuest
Orabi2, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleburne, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. Thank you once again for your comments.
/General Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Spent some time there when my company had me working around the area. Arrived late and was in a poor mood from travling. The night manager at the desk (Daniel) made it so easy to check in and was able to make me smile (much needed after the flight I had). The hotel was a little hard to find, felt as if it was out of town at first but realized that it was just half a mile to town in the morning. Staff was friendly and room was great. Clean comfortable bed and fresh towels. Quiet rooms that made it easy to relax after working all day. Breakfast was great lots to choose from both hot and cold, I go to work early in the mornings and most hotels dont open theres early enough for me to get something. But as long as Daniel was at work that night he would make sure there was food ready for me. For the most part all the staff was very friendly (Justin, and Tony). They even charged me week by week so that i could turn in my reciepts to my company. i have one complant. I had a few days when my cards did not work and went to the front desk and the guy at the front desk (Cruz) made it seem as if it was a problem to help me, he was the only person that made me feel unwelcome. Other then him everyone else was amazing. If my company has me back in the Cleburne area again I will request that they put me up there again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've stayed at Hampton Inns many times, so I expected a stellar experience. This one did not measure up to Hampton Inn standards.

As some of the other reviewers mentioned, the water pressure in the shower was extremely low. It took forever to shower, because it took so long to rinse off the soap and shampoo.

The temperature in the room was very difficult to regulate. A difference of two degrees would cause a change from air conditioning to heat. I like to sleep in a cool room at night, but putting the temperature at 66 would cause the heat to come on and heat the room to 74 degrees. At 64 degrees, the air conditioning ran until the room was freezing. Since there were two beds, I took the one farthest from the window in order to be comfortable.

The breakfast was adequate, although uninspired. Most notable were the eggs, which were dry and unseasoned, and the oatmeal that was runny like glue. The bacon was very thin and limp. They provided white bread for toast - no wheat. Who doesn't have wheat bread?

All of those were only minor irritants. It was after I got home that I was really unhappy with them. I prepaid for the room online. When I arrived, I provided a credit card to hold for incidentals. We didn't use anything that would have generated a charge, however, the day after checking out, they posted a charge to my card. When I called to dispute the charge, the desk person asked if I smoked in the room, or took any of the towels. Very insulting, as I don't smoke, and am not a thief. Shouldn't they know what the charge is for?

The manager Sona Orabi assured me the charge was an error, and she was issuing a credit. Instead of crediting my account, two days later they charged my card again.

I'm still trying to get this straightened out. In the meantime, I'm wondering how many more times they will charge my card before someone in authority investigates.

If you stay in this hotel (I won't do so again), get something in writing (with a signature) when you check out that verifies they won't be charging your card. It probably won't stop them from charging you anyway, but will provide the proof you need for your credit card company to reverse the charges for you.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. If you do stay here, ask to be on the side away from the hospital, so you won...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Barbara B
Orabi2, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleburne, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that our credit card system charged your account by mistake. By now both charges have been reversed and we hope that this is a satisfying outcome for you. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future.

Sincerley,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Spent one night here. Arrived quite late, but we were given a nice room facing away from the highway. Room was smallish, but I loved the big shower and good sized towels. Room was clean and bed was comfy!!! The hotel was not noisy either with people noise or from the freeway. What more could you want! This hotel serves a continental breakfast in the morning, and that was fine. Easy location to get to, easy to park and easy in and out. Several of the reviews mention how great the staff was, but we arrived so late and left so early that we really didn't have a chance to evaluate the staff. Yes, I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleburne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Liberty Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleburne
Best Way Inn Cleburne Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites near Cleburne Conference Center
Best Western Dinosaur Valley Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cleburne? Share your experiences!