“Usually A Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clarendon
Texas
“Usually A Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is usually a very nice and clean place to stay. However when we stayed on October 24 the bathroom was very dirty, tub had a lot of hair in it and a ring around the tub. The housekeeper did clean the tub on the second night so I didn't complain about it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SRHall, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Red River Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
On behalf of our entire team I apologize. We will try harder. If you ever have a problem here again please don't hesitate to let us know. We will strive to make it right as quickly as possible. Thank you for being our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Overall the motel was exceptional; clean and comfortable. The free breakfast had many selections and all was well presented and a very tasty. Will recommend to friends and acquaintances.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel was right on the way, easy access to the freeway. Clean, and well kept. Hotel was very quiet. The rooms were nice, spacious, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Nice variety for breakfast as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

On our trips from San Antonio, TX to Colorado, we normally stay in Childress, TX. On this trip back to SA, we had a bit of a later start and I needed to call it 'quits' sooner so I could get to a motel room and complete an online college exam by the Saturday midnight deadline.

We were heading through Clarendon @ about 9:30 pm and I asked my husband to stop (while my brain was still functioning for class). They were pretty busy for this time of night ...had no king-size rooms left ...but had a decent AAA rate for two queens. I love that this is a smoke-free facility. It is 'pet-friendly' and since we are not pet owners ...we were also thankful there was an entire floor of this motel that is 'pet-free'.

The concierge was very friendly (and busy). The breakfast was a step above the normal continental-style served @ most motels ...offering hot sausage, omelets, and 'do-it-yourself' waffles ...along with the normal muffin, cereal and fruit fare.

The only caveat ... I could not get the Internet to work in my room. I even had my Ethernet cable with me. I went downstairs to talk with the concierge, but she remained busy checking in guests past 10:00 pm. So ... I took myself to the business center downstairs, logged on and completed my online quiz. We were tired ...the hotel was clean and very comfortable ...and I made my deadline. This was a good stay.

Room Tip: Third floor is 'pet free'
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

You know a hotel is good when the only thing you have to complain about is the towels being too thin! The staff at this hotel were very friendly. The rooms were clean; beds comfortable. Even the breakfast was good with lots of choices, including eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc. It would have been nice to have thicker towels, though. There is a bit of road noise and train noise (the tracks are right behind the hotel), but it didn't bother us and we slept soundly. There is a Sonic next door for your ice cream cravings. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor has no one running overhead!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Barefoot Bay, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is just another Best Western hotel room. It is clean and quiet. a good bed and a great staff. The free breakfast was average -- but free.This is just what I have come to expect from Best Western. They seem to be pretty consistent nation wide.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

THey were very friendly and they worked hard to make sure my stay was good. They went out of there way to help me to my room and I had one sick little girl who would not walk and a 4month baby! They were paitent and very helpfull and breakfast was great! Thanks Best Western I was very comfartable

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Naila J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarendon
Travelodge Memphis
Travelodge Memphis
#1 of 1 in Memphis
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#1 of 1 in Memphis

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Red River Inn? Share your experiences!