“Pleasant surprise”

Best Western Plus Red River Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clarendon
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Very comfortable, clean, newer hotel with good breakfast. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel from time to time over the years. I stands out above the rest. You can see the attention to detail in the cleanliness and customer service that you don't see anymore in other hotels. What I most appreciate is that the third floor rooms are non smoking and there is a no pet policy. The cleaning products are not heavily scented. This hotel is amazing for anyone who hates fragrance or is allergic. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Megalito
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This is a great hotel, completely unexpected considering the area. The room was spacious and comfortable. Mini fridge and microwave in the room. Plenty of lighting. Everything was clean. Continental breakfast included waffles, hard boiled eggs, and pastries along with the usual choices. Breakfast was available till 10am, which was nice since I'm not an early riser. The indoor pool and hot tub were well kept and clean, as well. I believe this facility is 100% non-smoking.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Cleanliness and safety are most important to me. This place felt safe, and I guess relatively clean, but only as clean as it can be with bedspreads, carpet, and furniture that appear to be at least 20 years old. I can tell it's not clean enough when I don't like to walk around barefoot or sit on the bed without stripping off the bedspread and blanket. The bathroom counters and showers have been updated to granite, but that just didn't feel like enough to me for the price. I appreciated how pet friendly the hotel was; there were plenty of grassy grounds outside, people were friendly enough when they saw me with my dog, and it was just $10 above the regular price. The staff was friendly and helpful; they gave me a local menu that I couldn't find anywhere online when I called down and asked for one. The online service was effortless; the fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, etc. were all fine, too. The TV was super-old, but I wouldn't have noticed that at all with a newer bedspread and carpet. Overall, it was fine, just not what I expected for the price.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank fabuleslie
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here many times coming and going from Houston to Santa Fe.

It is always great, quite, clean and a good breakfast.

And make sure you request a greeting from the owners dog, if he is on duty.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thallHouston_Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We have found the Best Western group to be quite varied, with some excellent hotels and some not so good. So we don't often stay at them. But this Best Western in the little town of Clarendon, Texas was a terrific spot to spend a night on our way between destinations. It was very clean, not at all "tired", comfortable, refrigerator and microwave in the room, good breakfast, hospitable staff, wireless internet, and all this at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Papa_Al
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I am impressed with the staff and facilities. Indoor pool looked great.... wish I'd had time to swim. Room was quiet & clean. Breakfast was good. Try the local restaurants for supper.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JSS3

Been to Best Western Plus Red River Inn? Share your experiences!