“HORRIBLE!!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clarendon
Western Skies Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clarendon
Shreveport, Louisiana
“HORRIBLE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Please do not stay at this motel!!!! My husband, I, and our little girl who is three were driving back from Colorado throughout the night and we were too tired to continue driving so the next town up was Clarendon, TX. We tried to stay at the Best Western but there was no vacancy so the next motel up was called the Western Skies. We have a dog so we had to accommodate them too. So by the time we got in the room it was about 6:30 in the morning. When we first stepped into the room it was about 900 degrees so we turned on the air conditioner unit and crashed only to wake up an hour later and it was not cooling down at all. My husband got up to check on it and it was broken. So it was so unbearable I took a shower to relieve my stickiness and asked my husband to go get a refund seeing how i would rather just sit in our car with some ventilation. We had only been in the room for less than two hours and they would not give us a refund. Not to mention it was around 70 bucks!!!! And also the towels were stained. Plus the english translator was 12 years old, not very professional. Also if you want to have your dogs look at a large plush lawn that they cannot use, do not stay here either.
PS Do Not Stay Here, even if you are dead tired and can't make it to the next town. Your car at a rest area is the best option in this situation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank tarjaaah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

Room was clean, Price worthy, cool place to stay. Look like heritage building. Healthy breakfast. Good n enough space for children play area. Strongly recommend to stay here. Love to spend more time here if possible.

• Stayed March 2011
8 Thank Jmceng
lubbock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

While staying i feel like home. Room are clean. Staff are cool. Healthy breakfast.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
7 Thank Lacee P
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

My daughter plays volleyball for Clarendon College so I have made and will be making many trips up to Clarendon. I think there are only two hotels/motels in Clarendon and I have now stayed at both of them. The Best Western Red River is $100 and totally not worth it so I decided to try the Western Skies, not expecting much. To save $50 I expected things to be out-of-date, be cramped, have an uncomfortable bed, that kind of thing. The motel is straight out of the 60's but again, to save $50 I wanted to give it a whirl. Honestly, the bed was very comfortable and despite the railroad on one side and the highway on the other (that is how the entire town is situated), I slept very well. Unfortunately, while the room appeared "clean enough" at check-in, in the morning light I was appalled at the dust, sludge on the bathroom walls, scum in the shower, urine/hair on the toilet, that kind of thing. I've seen the shows about how most motels/hotels are microscopically contaminated with e.coli so I carry disinfectant products, but OBVIOUS filth? I'll just have to drive the 51 miles from a Childress hotel/motel ($50-80) like I've done in the past when I am in Clarendon, thank you very much. By the way, the man at the front desk was fine and I had no problem at all understanding him (as written in another review).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank KarlaMo
Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

We puled in to the Western Skies Motel on July,17, 2009 had a hell of a time getting the room as the man behind the desk speaks very poor english, Finally got the room found out that the internet sevice was a broadband connection and had to get a phone cable to hook up. The room was fairly clean but was not the best had a comfortable night as we had a early start the next morning, in our haste we forgot one of our laptop compuers in the room we ontaced the Western skies and tried to telll the man who speaks poor english, he tells us to call back on monday to speak with the house keeper, (his wife or daughter) who tells us to call back friday, as the houskeeper who cleaned that room was one for the week as you might expect nobody knows nothing we are out our computer and most of the photographs that were being stored on it so if you want to stay there REMEMBER ALL YOUR STUFF they will keep it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank blasted50
dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

Pulled in on the last night of our 10 day trip -- the Best Western a block away was $109 which we felt was ridiculous, so decided to check out the "Skies" -- which we got for less than half. It's a hold over from the post WWII era and is in wonderful shape. We got checked in, unloaded the bags, then had a night-cap in the courtyard area in front of the office. The pool is NOT filled in -- it's around the side of the motel and is rather large. The lobby has a cozy, early 50's, western feel to it. We were there only one short night, but loved it. We enjoyed talking with "Joe" the manager -- what a jolly fellow! The "Skies" is NOT an ultra modern, ba-zillion dollar exotic resort. It's a little return to what was most likely a better time in this country when Route 66 was alive and well -- we're very happy to have stumbled onto this little gem!

• Liked — Value!!!! and staying at a true Route 66 type "motor inn".
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank carl23401
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

Looks like had hayday in the '50s but kept up very nicely. Our room was large & very clean. Updated shower was perfect. Mattress firm - we slept very well. Decorated in comfortable Country Western. Outdoor pool has been filled in & the area has been converted to a cute little childrens' playground. Enjoyed parking in the garage attached to our room especially since it was raining when we checked in. Very reasonable rate. We will definitely stay here again if on our way to or from Amarillo

• Liked — the attached garage
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8 Thank ShirlM

Been to Western Skies Motel? Share your experiences!