“Outstanding BBQ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Universal City, Texas
“Outstanding BBQ”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I've never had a bad plate of Q while at Harmons. The chicked falls right off the bone. The Creamed corn is like a dessert. Pork is moist.

• Visited February 2012

San Antonio, Texas
“SCRUMPTIOUS”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This restaurant was referred second hand and I was delighted to visit. I understand It's just a shell of what it once was due to some misfortunate fire this past December but they are remodeling. I was extremely impressed with their bbq chicken! I couldn't lift the 1/2 bbq chicken to my plate as the bones fell off the meat! It had a wonderful, moist, smoky flavor. The brisket was equally impressive, with a moist, delectable flavor. I was equally impressed with their spare ribs. The ribs had an awesome flavor. I do encourage mgmt to impress upon it's counter staff their service needs to match their superior food, however. I will definitely come again, and again. BTW, if your paying $1 for water, find out if that implies bottled water or tap water because when I asked for the bottled water, the waitress pointed me to the water dispenser, instead.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Travelnutforever
Cibolo, Texas
“The food was terrible”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We took some of Harmons beef home several years ago when he was selling on the corner of I35 and FM1103 out of an old van and the food was terrible. We live in Cibolo and knew he had moved to a permanant location, but never ate there because of our first bad experience. July 22,2011 we finally dined at his establishment and nothing had changed as far as food quality. My wife's beef was so dry it just ctrumbled when you picked up a piece to eat. Her beans had sat iun a pot so long they were pasty. My smoked was a bit more edible. The creamed corn was terrible and the peach cobbler was very dry and 90% uncooked dough.Never again . Expensive and very poor quality

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank armydriverq
New Braunfels, Texas
“There's better bar-bq, service, and atmosphere elsewhere”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Service here is horrible on the last couple of visits. Staff does not want to be bothered it seems. The food ain't much better. Go down the road toward Marion or New Braunfels get yourself some good Texas BarBQ. Again, the service and management is just poor here.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank DoopO
San Antonio, Texas
“This is good BBQ”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

You have to travel quite a distance to find something that approaches equal. The only thing I will add is that this is not commercial BBQ! You will get slight variations of consistency in texture and cuts of meat. Some people just don't seem to get this at a non-chain restaurant. The potatoes salad is a little bland for my taste but the creamed corn is excellent. Recently, the seem to be adding quite a bit of sauce to the meats. This can be a problem with sandwiches and I often hear people asking for the sauce on the side these days.