“Halfway Home”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Childress
Tyler, Texas
“Halfway Home”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Childress is half way between East Texas and the Colorado mountains. A good place to spend the night.
Even though it was an older hotel it had been recently renovated and was very nice.
The checkin and out was very fast and the staff was very friendly.
The breakfast area a little small but the choices were good.
There were restraunts on both sides of the motel so we were able to walk to one for supper.
We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BobTayne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here because it was a Best Western and we could park by the room. The room was virtually identical to the Best Western we stayed in at Red River the night before. The young woman that checked us in was very friendly and efficient. The room was clean and the AC was very cold.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It was okay for an overnight stay. It was clean enough with nice towels/sheets and a firm bed. The dead bolt wouldn't lock though. They only have a contenental breakfast, so we didn't stay for that. There were two dining options within walking distance. It was okay, but if we are passing thru there again, think we will try another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We spent the night in Childress while traveling from Phoenix to Norman. The staff was friendly and checkin and checkout was smooth. Room was clean and beds slept good. Wireless worked good. Complimentary breakfast was a little substandard. Pastries was at least a day old and the bananas were very, very ripe. We would stay there again as we really do not count much on the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The room was a good size and clean. Breakfast a little lacking but the standard fare.

• Stayed June 2012
Cheyenne
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I travel in Texas twice a month and I always stay with this Best Western. I am usually exhausted when I arrive so I like the prompt check-in . I appreciate every member of this staff because I know they are doing their jobs ; I get a clean room and a good night of sleep. They are friendly and treat me like family. I always get a room on the back side of the motel for the peace and quiet. The management is sincere and really want to make sure you are happy with your visit They have plenty of choices for breakfast. My pet is also welcome. I call this motel my second home because I am here so often. I am a single female and feel safe and secure staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cheri K
Stephenville, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My job requires me to travel often. I always stay at the Best Western Childress when I am in Childress, Texas. The staff are friendly and helpful, and will go above and beyond to make sure you have a pleasant stay. The Managers do not stay tucked away in an office, they come out to greet you everytime they have a chance to do so. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Their recently expanded breakfast bar includes many hot & cold choices to start your day. Their are also many good places very near the hotel to get a bite to eat. You really are made to feel like family at Best Western Childress.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business