“rip off”

Ranked #1 of 1 Childress B&B and Inns
nashville
“rip off”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Traveling late at night and needed a place to get a few hours sleep. Checked in and was outraged. This place cost me $50 and had union mission quality. I write a lot of reviews and consider the value for the price and this was not a value. The room was dirty, the sink was coming off the wall in the bathroom,the drain plug was missing out of the tub, mold,no shampoo, the furiture was dilapidated. the hotel ouside was dirty and in need of severe cleaning and remoldeling. they were large rooms and fixed up and furnished right and the right amenities it could be an OK motel. The next morning A few miles down the road I passed a new and really nice hotel with rooms for only $5 more. All my reviews have given hotels benifit of the doubt, but there is no doubt about this place. AVOID IT

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here last week and checked in after 12 midnight. The desk clerk was nice and I stayed here bc another review said the rate was 35.00/ night. I paid 48.00 and it was totally not worth it. I would have paid 35 and continued to stay here. However, I hate paying me for less, ESP when it is posted here someone paid less. The room never got warm. It was big and mostly quiet. I wasn't there long enough to give good judgement, as I checked out after only a few hours sleep. If u stay here call ahead and get the rate. I have triple A, am a senior, and got charged more. :(((((((((. Only worth 35.00!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, not near the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 8, 2012

After checking prices at several Childress motels, we decided to stay here ($47 for a room with 2 queen beds vs $67-95 at the others we checked). We were very pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was. It was very clean and spacious, had new furnishings, and included a hair dryer, microwave and refrigerator. The sink was separate from the rest of the bathroom, and it had a spacious granite countertop. The beds were very comfortable and had nice pillows. The TV and Wi-Fi worked fine. There was coffee in the lobby from 6-9 am (the coffee was nothing to write home about), but no coffee in the room and no included breakfast -- which we wouldn't expect anyway at the $47 price. We were able to get breakfast nearby for a fraction of the money we saved by staying at this motel. The only thing I found lacking at this motel was that they didn't provide any Kleenex in the bathroom. I'd definitely stay here again if I was passing through Childress and needed a room.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Took a last second trip to Childress. When I booked the rooms in the first 2 places I called were booked so I stayed here. For $35 a night you get what you expect. A room with a bed and hot water. This is a motel so don’t ask about service because it was not even an option. All the rooms face the parking lot in the middle which was nice, it keep everything quiet. Rooms are huge and you can tell they cater to “long-termers” with the micro waves and lots of room to spread out. Room was cleaned every day when I got back. Had clean sheets and clean towels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Childress hotels

Granada, Nicaragua
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I just stayed here last Saturday night. It had a nice sized room, a micro-fridge and microwave in the room. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Honestly, everything we could want in a budget priced place was there.
Coffee service starts at 6 AM. There is an ice machine in the lobby.
Shortly after arriving, we ate at the nice little Mexican restaurant that is right next door. We really liked the convenience of not needing to drive someplace to eat.
They do not offer a breakfast bar in the morning, but for this price, who cares? We went to the Super Walmart that is right across the street and bought a microwavable breakfast for the next day.
Don't let their bad web site deter you from staying here. What they saved by not building a good web site, they've passed along as savings to their guests.
If we stay in Childress again, our first choice will be the Childress Inn. 4 thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich B
Childress, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The room is huge. The bathroom and room very clean. The VERY best thing was the air conditioner was already blasting. (It was 109 degrees when we pulled in, so that was amazing. The last one we were in we had to wait for the window unit to do its thing. My hubby & I have been traveling 11 days or so and this has been one of the best!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank artofjana
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Childress is the mid-point to several destinations and so it has many options for lodging. The best of all of these, by far, is the Childress Inn. I have stayed here many times, and the rooms are always exceptionally clean and quiet, and the staff is actually genuinely concerned about you as a guest. To add to this, it is one of the least expensive motels in Childress--you could pay twice as much in this city, and get half the room as in the Childress Inn. I've stayied in 'name' motels very often, but none of them compares.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for a list of the best restaurants.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo