“Good food in Childress Texas”
Review of Jackson's Steak and BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jackson's Steak and BBQ
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The food and service was food. Great prices. The steak was cooked just right and good. Did not try bbq but others did and they seamed to enjoy.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stopped in while traveling through Childress. The parking lot was full so we figured that it must be decent. It was great. The staff from the hostess to wait staff was very helpful and friendly. The BBQ was very good although the portions were not very large neither were the prices. My wife's steak was excellent. The interior was well decorated and comfortable.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We are extremely limited in Childress. This is, so far, the best we've had. We have lived here a little over a year now, and this has been our best dining experience. If it were anywhere else, it would be average, at best. It is slightly overpriced, but the food is pretty good. The service is great!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I've eaten here several times and I can't give this restaurant more than 2 stars. I'm not bashing this place but this is my HONEST review.

My first time eating here I had the steak bites: WAY overcooked; no juice whatsoever left in the meat.

2nd time I had the ribeye: ordered it medium rare and it came out well done. Had no flavor and was only about 1/2 inch thick. If a steak is cooked right you shouldn't need steak sauce and even sauce wouldn't have helped this. The Caesar salad came out warm and soggy with the Caesar on the side. That salad should be kept cold and crisp and mixed upon ordering.

3rd time I had the brisket: the brisket was flavored really good but it was cold when it was served. They weren't busy when I was in there so I don't know why it would be cold. I used to wait tables so I like to give the benefit of the doubt but there are usually little room for excuses. The creamed corn however is EXCELLENT! :)

4th time I had chicken fried steak: I love chicken fried steak anywhere but this was so tough I had to chew for a really long time before I could swallow the meat. I'm in Childress alot and I have eaten at all the restaurants there and I will say that El Sombrero has the best chicken fried steak.

I love going out to eat but not if the food is not good. I mean we pay for our food and I think it should be presentable. And I gave the place more than one try and ordered different items on the menu. I may sound like a tough critic but I know good food when I eat it.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We shared the BBQ sampler plate and it was more than enough for two. I liked the brisket the best. The jalepeno sausage was good too. The chicken was a little dry, but it was all good.

1  Thank Linder2