“Extremely accommodating and caring”

American Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Childress
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I came in to Childress on a very stormy night, with heavy winds and rain. I parked out in the lot since another car was occupying the entrance awning, and ran inside to register. The owner, seeing that I was a single female traveler, was very cognizant of my need for safety and security and gave me a room close to the office area. The room rate was excellent. The owner's husband insisted that I walk under the awning to my room and he ran out into the rain and brought my car to me. How often do you experience this kind of care and concern? Never! The room was very clean and neat and quite roomy. Nothing extravagant, but very comfortable. This will definitely be my place to stay in Childress.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank cwk99

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I was heading to Amarillo. it was mid night so i decide to stay. i went to couple of motel in childress but most of them ware expensive then i went to American Inn and i got good price and they have internet service, breakfast, business center, nice front desk. i love it next time when i go their i recommend to stay in American Inn.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank RG91
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Stayed here on the way back from Ruidoso/Albuquerque.........Check was easy since I'd paid for it on line so all was done, got the key and off to the room.

It say's "Remodeled" hotel and I'm sure it was, from what I could only imagine, but since it's under $50 a night it's pretty much what I would expect. Room was clean and has a microwave and small fridge, heating/ac is a unit up on the wall(just like the Rodeway Inn down the street), Cable TV that worked fine and King Size bed that was soft.

Bathroom was okay, noticed the caulk was missing in some of the shower tiles, faucet wasn't in as good as it should be so it moves a little when turning on, toilet was a never model.

Does have WiFi service, my room was fine but the owner said in some rooms it's a little hard to pickup so maybe open a window.......Still the owners were nice and everything went smooth.

It's close to the road so your going to hear some semi truck noise which it looks like goes for all the other hotels in Childress. To save money I would stay here again, like any other hotel I took everything out of the truck and put it in the room with me since it looks to be in a tough area of town.(which might apply to all of Childress as far as I know)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Pecos_Drifter
Reviewed August 20, 2009

After extensive renovation, the Budget Inn has been renamed American Inn & Suites. I drive between Houston and Denver several times a year and stay overnight in Childress, Texas, which is halfway. I always look forward to getting a room at the American Inn to rest up for the next day's drive. The rooms are very comfortably appointed including free internet wifi. The owners, Junior and Nita, are very pleasant and accommodating innkeepers, welcoming and attentive to a traveler's needs. The Inn is convenient to a variety of family restaurants and shopping. Room rates are very reasonable and represent exceptional value. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank HerbieJoe
Travelers also viewed these Childress hotels
Super 8 Childress
Econo Lodge Childress
Econo Lodge Childress
#9 of 9 in Childress
Hampton Inn & Suites Childress

Been to American Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about American Inn and Suites

Address: 1410 Avenue F NW, Childress, TX 79201-3416
Location: United States > Texas > Childress
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Childress
Price Range: $49 - $58 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — American Inn and Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your American Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.