“Not worth the price.”

American Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Childress
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The room is not worth what you pay. Very overpriced. Poor remodel. Staff very nice and room and area clean. I would not stay here again based on price. Also, different hotel chain actually owns this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for American Inn and Suites

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I stay 2 times each year while traveling. The service is great and the rooms are always clean. The owners are some of the nicest you will ever meet and have made very good improvements to an older property. You just can't beat it in that price range.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank KansasCityKent
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed at American Inn and Suites quite a few times. I love the fact the restaurant is in the parking lot. They have great food and for those who prefer a drink with your meal, they offer that too. Nita and Junior are wonderful they are caring and Clean when it comes to your rooms. I own my own business and this is the only place that my Husband and I will stay at, we have tried most of the other motels in that town. I didn't like the price or the room and the others. God Bless Junior and Nita.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TamiP9194
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been staying at the American Inn in Childress, Tx for just over a year because of my job. I can't begin to explain how the management here treats you, Junior and Nita are the best, very proffesional, thoughtful and caring people, plus the room is comfortable and cleang
I am so glad that I picked this motel to stay at.

Doug

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and quite
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lineman1950
Reviewed October 2, 2012

i work with tree service and had to travel a long way first stayed at the quality inn had to make a change because of poor service found american inn way better service and an amzing resaurant right out front which also has a bar for those tht are interested great food love the hot wings and they make u feel like family not just a paycheck in other words if u need anything theyll be sure u get it one way or another so if ur traveling and happen to stop in childress i wud suggest staying at the american inn love the people nita and junior are amazing at giving service theyre family people themselves so they know just how comfortable people need to be enjoyed them the stay and the service for the perfect price i wudnt pass a stay here when im in childress again

Room Tip: this hotel is quiet safe and its the only one ive been to tht my stuff hasnt come up missing
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jay g
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Confusing check-in due to a prepaid Expedia reservation that the older woman was not familiar with. Room was dark and dank in my opinion, bathroom small and uninviting. No blow dryer, no breakfast items, but bed was ok and tv worked. Internet was almost non-existent, sporadic at best and I was only able to get online for a short time, could not get a connection the rest of the times I tried. Would not stay here again. Maybe it was the price I paid for a cheap room, but I will pay a little more next time for a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TXtoColorado
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been working on the road for the last 5 years and have stayed in a lot of motels. The American Inn Suites is the best deal for your money. The management Junior and Nita are very professional and caring.( Great People), I've been here since March of this year and I am glad that I decieded to stay. Clean rooms and located in the center of town. I would stay at the American Inn in Childress,Tx again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug from Florida