Hampton Inn & Suites Childress
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanhot tubpotatoestruck stopplace to staycomplimentary breakfastking suitehotel roomafter a long daythe breakfast areaoatmealsmall townright next dooran oasisnice staystaff was friendlychildress texas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Typical Hampton Inn. All is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful with any questions you might ask. I like the cookies and breakfast was good. Everything seems to be in order. The wifi worked fine.......................

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Good - a typical Hampton in the middle of nowhere. Free breakfast, clean rooms, nice staff. I have to add the next part because it's true, and it's mildly funny.

The Not Good - I got bit by a spider and ... it was a total disaster. Hotel responded well - they did all the deep cleaning in the room I requested, and even though I only asked for 5-10K Honors Points for the trouble, they gave me 15K. But still, a spider bite that led to a staph infection that led to six trips to the medical clinic for a two-week visit was a headache.

I almost used a photo of my swollen leg as the profile phot but decided nyet. The big takeaway: if stuck in Childress again, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap room - they're huge and this hotel was pretty much empty while I was there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was a very clean and comfortable motel for our stay on our road trip home. Good breakfast selections . Clean bed and bath. Friendly staff and lots of restaurants nearby. Would recommend to business or family.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hampton Inn in Childress, Texas I is an excellent place to stay for a small town. Very typical Hampton Inn. Walmart is next door for anything you have forgotten. It is an easy 90 minute drive to Amarillo, Texas.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Relatively clean, quiet. But desk chair was broken and wheel left on top of desk when we arrived. So SOMEBODY knew about it. Also, there was evidence of Chex Mix on the desk, apparently not cleaned. We reported the chair to the front desk, and to be fair, we did mention that we knew it was broken so it was not a problem for us. But it would have been fairly easy for someone to injure themselves if they sat on it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple