“Some good and some bad with this hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Childress

Motel 6 Childress
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Childress
Wooster, Ohio
“Some good and some bad with this hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I'll start with the good. Rooms were fairly cheap, My room was redecorated nicely and was fine except for the cockroach I stepped on right after I made the previous comment to my roommate. Other members of our party had rooms that were not nearly as nice, stained pillowcases, windows that wouldn't lock etc. Front desk service was not readily available. I would probably look for a different hotel in town next time. There are several in the immediate vicinity even though when we looked originally we did not find them online. The shower was designed by an anorexic umpa-lumpa.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jefferson, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

I spent so much time online reading and checking reviews for the right hotel. . The check in man was very nice. The room had no pictures and holes in the wall. Very
small inside too and used up. The rollaway bed we needed couldn't not be slept on because of the bad lopsited mattress. All I can say if you have doubts in your mind when checking in, look at your room first. The reviews and pictures online aren't always what they are like.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Childress hotels

london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

This was the cheapest option for us in Childress. The rooms were smallish and basic, the bathroom needed to be redecorated. The rooms were quiet and the housekeeping staff friendly. The exterior was run down and the decor dated but the price was good. I would stay here again if I was on a budget.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pet267
TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

As noted - in managing expectations remember its a Rodeway, not a luxury palace. Quite satisfactory for spending a night. The outside appearance could use some work but the room was just fine, comfortable, spacious (1 queen) and very clean. All the usual appliances - refer, microwave, hairdryer - but no coffee pot??? Maybe just our room but didn't notice the lack til next morning, didn't ask since there wasn't anyone at the desk and it wasn't worth chasing them. But if thats a critical item check for it on arrival. Pool was also nonfunctional, not important to us for an overnight. Breakfast left something to be desired but then again the its-a-Rodeway principle applies. Our stay was on points so it was a good value but if I was paying cash I'd pop the extra $5 and stay at the Quality up the road.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Greg126
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Stayed for one night on the way to New Mexico, checked in was no problem even with the Power having problems in the area due to a snow/ice storm the day before.......Owners were nice though I had a little problem understanding the accent which isn't their fault at all.(or mine)

Room was clean and nice enough, it's not the 4 seasons of course but worth it for under $50 for the night, some road noise from the semi trucks but not the end of the world. Noticed it said on line it was connected to K-Bob's steak house, it's actually the Thai Kitchen neither of which I eat at.

Bed was okay and probably only good for one night for my taste, room is okay nothing special, the ac/heat is stuck up into the wall and a window unit style, but kept the room warm enough in 20 degree weather outside.

Though not listed it does have WiFi that is working(doing this review from the room) and cable TV with a good selection of channels(though Oklahoma news, who cares what happens in Oklahoma......kidding)..........All in all it's a safe enough looking place and for the price was okay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pecos_Drifter
Phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

I read the reviews on this place while I stayed at this place. I booked here because I needed a place for myself and my two kids to sleep en route from Santa Fe to Fort Worth. I chose it over the other Choice Hotel chain restaurants in town strictly on price. I knew we'd be in around 6 or 7 in the evening and leaving the next morning.

The place is old, but it's clean. There's no decor, wallpaper needs replacement, bathrooms are functional, but old, but the place is clean. After reading about the bugs, I searched, scared of what I'd find. I found nothing. The bathroom was clean, the room was spacious and the room we were given had a refrigerator. Very welcome to see because we had some perishables with us. Like everything else in the room, the refrigerator was old, but clean and functional.

The big surprise were the beds. They were comfortable and I'm pretty picky about beds. The air conditioner was really noisy, but the beds were comfortable, so I didn't care. The TV was a regular type, but it worked well. The internet was fast and worked well. The owners were nice people and accommodating. I don't know if they are new owners. The room was very inexpensive. I think getting a comfortable bed, clean bathroom, good night's sleep, CNN and fast internet was worth the price.

I agree about breakfast. It was worthless. The kids grabbed the factory-wrapped mini-donuts, I grabbed a cup of coffee and we were on our way. I had fresh fruit from a grocery trip the previous day and orange juice which stayed fresh thanks to the room refrigerator, so we were fine.

Listen, Childress isn't much of a town. If you are driving through and need a place to sleep, this place is a good value. If you're looking for luxury, you're looking in the wrong town, anyway. Keep driving.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyTraveler1000
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

we were coming from Colorado looking for an economical place to stay & reserved 4 rooms for multiple family members that were joining us. this place was AWFUL!!! I was told we would get a group discount when we checked in that they denied when we got there, 2 of the 4 rooms were full of wasps, the rooms were filthy with broken doors, chairs, the toilet was clogged & the sheets were not fitted...there were no extras, not even tp! they did have the "contenintal breakfast" which consisted of honey buns, cereal, coffee & juice but BEWARE, this place is a dump!!! do yourself a favor & spend a couple extra bucks at the Super 8 up the street!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ambr6689