“Great place for sausage!!”

Chappell Hill Bakery & Deli
Cuisines: Barbecue
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
“Great place for sausage!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Driving from Austin to Houston on the 290, we stopped at the restaurant, excellent food, excellent beer (St Arnold's) excellent ice cream, highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013

Katy, Texas
“Great place to rest and eat”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stopped in for a break and ended up buying desserts, jerky and breakfast for the next day! Everything was great and would recommend.... one strange thing was they had no Chappell Hill sausage for sale. You think they would support the local people? Still a great place to rest your driving skills and fill up on food.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“A little bit of everything”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

After reading the reviews, we decided to stop by for lunch on our drive home. I'm so glad we did! Everything we had was great and very well priced. The food was fresh, and everything was clean and welcoming. We ate BBQ sandwiches with green beans and a side of potatoes. I am picky about my cue, but it was well cooked with just the right amount of sauce. We also got some sausage kolaches to go-- those were delicious, and I wished we had gotten more. I also wish we had bought pie- the merengue pies looked delicious- I guess we will have to head back to CH to find out!

• Visited July 2013
Moran, Kansas
“Must not miss this!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This little spot is always a must stop and eat. Food is very good and portions are generous. Sides are fresh, whole meal is a great value. Do your self a favor and don't miss out on a great meal! I only wish they were not 650 miles away from my home.

• Visited June 2013
Hockley, Texas
“Always a winner!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Always something new and wonderful to try. Large BBQ menu and all are pleaders with good portions. Sides are fresh, BBQ sauce is my favorite anywhere and rolls are great. In house bakery is a real gem. I get the day old packages (I need more!) and they are always wonderful for breakfast treats the next couple days. Their meat market products are as fresh as you can get and the specialty local canned goods and nuts are nice too. Topping it all off is their big Blue Bell selection and big dips of ice cream. This place has got the complete package and never fails to more-than-satisfy!

• Visited June 2013