“A little bit of everything”

Chappell Hill Bakery & Deli
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 11, 2013

After reading the reviews, we decided to stop by for lunch on our drive home. I'm so glad we did! Everything we had was great and very well priced. The food was fresh, and everything was clean and welcoming. We ate BBQ sandwiches with green beans and a side of potatoes. I am picky about my cue, but it was well cooked with just the right amount of sauce. We also got some sausage kolaches to go-- those were delicious, and I wished we had gotten more. I also wish we had bought pie- the merengue pies looked delicious- I guess we will have to head back to CH to find out!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This little spot is always a must stop and eat. Food is very good and portions are generous. Sides are fresh, whole meal is a great value. Do your self a favor and don't miss out on a great meal! I only wish they were not 650 miles away from my home.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Always something new and wonderful to try. Large BBQ menu and all are pleaders with good portions. Sides are fresh, BBQ sauce is my favorite anywhere and rolls are great. In house bakery is a real gem. I get the day old packages (I need more!) and they are always wonderful for breakfast treats the next couple days. Their meat market products are as fresh as you can get and the specialty local canned goods and nuts are nice too. Topping it all off is their big Blue Bell selection and big dips of ice cream. This place has got the complete package and never fails to more-than-satisfy!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Every trip to and from Houston includes a stop at the Chappell Hill Bakery & Deli. I gain weight just looking at all the homemade bakery goods - especially the kolaches and pecan cinnamon rolls and the pies. The barbecue chicken falls off the bone; the sausage and brisket are perfect; the sauce with the best tangy taste; pickles; black-eyed peas; macaroni & cheese; finely chopped broccoli salad - are just some of the sides. Plus homemade bread or rolls. And, if you have room, order some Blue Bell Ice Cream to go. A true treat!! Don't miss it.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Passing through on scenic drive & noticed highly visible signage for this bakery. Interested in finding kolaches for my dad and was pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant, too. Due to time limitations we were able to have tasty BBQ lunch & purchased very delicious kolaches. Arrived there just in time to get ahead of their lunch crowd. They also had a deli & specialty meats, etc.