“Not safe for women and children.”

Americas Best Value Inn Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Center
Houston, Texas
“Not safe for women and children.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

When we opened our hotel room door we were greeted with 20 or so flies. I called the front desk to complain and they offered me a can of bug spray. I wasn't about to do that because I had my two small boys ready for their nap, so I asked to be put in another room. The owner's very young son, about 8 yrs old, came to our room and handed me the keys to the new room. I inspected the new room and it was very clean and free of flies so we moved.
The next morning I took my kids to the breakfast lounge. Once I had my kids settled with their cereal I poured myself a cup of coffee but when I took a drink the lid along with all the hot coffee spilled all over my lap (I was wearing shorts). The breakfast lounge employee came out to help me clean the mess and said they ran out of the lids for their cups so they put others out. That's great for Best Western, not great for the unsuspecting guest. She was very apologetic and even offered me burn cream for my legs. I inspected the lid and cup and sure enough the lid did not fit the cup. I was furious, so I went to the front desk and ask to speak to someone about what just happened to me. The owner came out and as soon as I began to speak of the incident he went irate. He said I had too many complaints: the flies and now the coffee burn, and that he was tired of people like me. He continued to yell and curse at me right in front of my kids. I was truly afraid of this man. He tried to take the cup and lid away from me and when I pulled it away he raised his hand as if to hit me. My kids screamed for us to leave. At that point he yelled again, this time pointing to my kids, saying if we did not leave immediately he was going to have me arrested. I challenge him to call the police, as I was truly afraid of this man. At that point he said, in a very calm manner that he did not want any trouble. There were several of his employees that witness this but when one of his male employees ran to me as if to help the owner told him to leave and the man turned and walked away. Both Best Western Inn and Best Western Plus are owned by the same owner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bonham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

I was upgraded to a suite and loved it. Large room, fridge and microwave - which are a must for me. Full size ironing board and iron;; full size couch, dining table with four chairs. Staff was friendly and asked if I wanted something closer to the office since I was a woman traveling along. Nope! I wanted that suite! Room was very clean. Nice tiling in the bathroom, with vent and heater. Nice long counter top. Very comfortable. If I had to find one thing, I would say the bed was not as soft as I prefer. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank ktbfarms
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

Clean rooms, worked with us on price and friendly staff. Would recommend again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank awal2069
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

Best Western Center Texas
It was a great experience at the motel. I didn’t have any complains for the staff their. The rooms were very neat and clean; the beds were very comfortable and well made. The staff was very friendly and welcomed me very nice. They made sure that my stay was very comfortable and I didn’t face any problem from their side. The morning breakfast made my day, as I didn’t have to travel outside to look for something to eat, it was available at the motel. As the town is not too big I wasn’t expectation too much of clean and comfortable stay but after staying at Best Western it changed my mind. They respect their costumer, and make sure that they are comfortable. They answer all the questions that you have, as they know about the town they helped me out with directions.
Over all it was an excellent stay and I was very comfortable. If do make another trip to center, TX I know were I would be staying and I can recommend this place to anyone without any hesitation.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank sandhujatti
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2006

I've stayed at the Center Best Western several times over the past year. Although not a luxury location by any means, my rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The refrigerator and microwave are very handy and the wireless works. Breakfast is not elaborate, but they do always have fresh fruit.

• Liked — Cleanliness, microwave, refrigerator, wireless
  • Disliked — It's in Center.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank lifestudent