“Change was not good” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Center
Garland, Texas
“Change was not good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am a frequent customer at this hotel and I stay here a few times throughout the year. What happen to the ole friendly Texas hospitality? I guess they have changed out the crew there. I felt like I was a burden to the lady behind the desk, I think her name was Michelle, pretty sure it was. I didn't get a warm welcome or even a smile. I felt like saying "give me my key and I'll get out of your way". Worse part was when I was walking to get ice, that same lady was yelling at another working in plain sight. I've enjoyed this hotel like a home, I would hate for it to be ruined by an uncomfortable experience. I'm sure she didn't last long there. Hopefully, I'll be writing a better review after my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Arron S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Arron S,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are truly sorry to hear of your disappointments regarding your experience during your recent stay and regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your comments and these will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

As a valued guest, we appreciate your candid feedback and hope you will continue to choose our property for your hospitality needs.

Kind regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay at this hotel about five times a year. It is a great little hotel. The staff here make the difference. I am always recognized, by the helpful front desk staff. House keeping is good and the hotel is new and modern. There are a lot of people from the oil fields that stay there but they are good people and the hotel quickly cleans up any mud they track in :) They do make it hard to get a reservation sometimes because so many of them know about this nice hotel. Book early in the day or the day before to be sure to get a room.

Room Tip: book early to be sure to get a room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lee R
Centx_express07, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding our property. We are so grateful to have a loyal customer as your self staying with us. If you need anything in the future, please let us know. Thank you and have a great day!
Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was large and everything I needed was there in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean. No spa used,but fitness room was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sister911
Hello and thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. Its with you help that we continue to give great service. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you will visit us again in the future.
Wylie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been traveling across Texas and Louisiana for the past 10 years. My last visit with Holiday Inn Express has been one of my best experiences of staying in a Hotel. Although I travel through Center on many occasions, this was my first at this Hotel. The clerk, Dina, at the desk was extremely polite. When I originally booked my room, there weren't any double beds left for the night. She stated that if someone cancels, she would let me know and let us get it. The following day I received a call letting me know that a double was available. When we arrived we found out about their complementary beer and wine, and breakfast. Everything in my room was previously well taken care of. The beds and Flat Screen TV made me feel like I was right at home. The next day when me and my daughter left, I told the owner of the Hotel that I was very pleased with my stay. This is the most Texas friendly Hotel in the area and I highly recommend this to anyone that wants the Red Carpet Treatment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Brandon B
It warms my heart to hear such kind words regarding our hotel and our customer service staff that work here. We try our hardest to be the best hotel and give the best customer service possible, thank you for taking time out of your day to share your kind words.
Sun Lakes, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a very good place to stay. It is getting a little worn around the edges but still very very clean. I will always stay here when going through Center, TX. Staff is very nice and work very hard to keep everyting the best. BK was very pleasant and good food. I get a good night sleep. Normally very quiet.

Room Tip: West side of motel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Lawrence H
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you will continue to stay with us when you come through Center. We can't wait to show you the new additions to our property, we hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Good clean room; looks new or recently updated. Flat Screen TV. Easy access, just far enough off Hwy to not be bothered by road noise. I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cheesestick
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hello and thank you for your positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Center!

Have a great day!
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Center. The staff was friendly, they had a complimentary happy hour, breakfast was complimentary and had coffee/juice/eggs/bacon/sausage/gravy/bread/fruit/cereal/pancakes, etc. Reservations were as agreed to, I was in the computer, room was new, clean, hvac was fine, bed comfortable, adequate tv. Parking lot was spacious and well lit, safe. Close to wall mart and Chaps barbecue. I rate it 5 stars for what it is, located where it is. Will stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business