“I loved it! I highly recommend it.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Center
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Clean room and hotel lobby, smelled like fresh lumber; friendly, helpful staff. Reasonably priced. Happy hour included beer and wine. Full breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SallyZDallas_TX
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Center!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I called to make a reservation for a family reunion on 6/15/11 speaking to Deana and she quoted our rate at $84.80 with a confirmation #. We arrived on 6/24/11 for our handicaped room. We also met other family that night. Then the next morning our bill was placed under our door for $158.19. Was I ever shocked, so down to the office I go. I spoke with manager, Mr. [--] and explained it. He ask me to send him an e-mail stating day, time and person I spoke with. I did this on 6/27, but didn't get a reply, so I called and spoke to Deana again stating he was on vacation and would be back after the 4th. I waited and called again on 7/11 to find out that she had given me the wrong info again....he didn't go on vacation until the 4th and came back on 12th. So I told him she did it to me again.....wrong info. I had to re-send the mail as stated not received. He told me previously he would make it right or at least charge the amount of last years visit, but then he would have to talk to his boss....then nothing. I call again to find out he no longer works there and old manager not in, but to check in about 7-8am. I called again, not in again, so left my # on 7/26....still nothing yet. I am not a happy camper!!!! We stayed here last year and had no problems...only charged $126.55 also..

Also, if you are handicaped...watch out for the tub....it has no grips or mat to keep you from falling, which my husband almost did getting out of the chair on the slick tub after his shower. If I had not been in the bathroom at the time, he would been down in the tub or tile floor hurt.

The rooms are clean and nice, but we will not be going back again. Mr. [--] was very nice and courteous and prohably should still be there taking care of business as the owner surely doesn't do it. So Beware Everyone!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank oldOkie6060
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed here last weekend for a wedding in Center. The man checking us in was very nice and quick to get us on our way. The room was very clean and spacious. Overall, our stay was great, no complaints whatsoever. What impressed me the most however was the EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I left my jewelry bag in the hotel and realized it later in the week.I frantically called the hotel to find the most helpful and patient manager (Jonathan). Jonathan called me back within minutes to tell me they found my jewelry bag and asked how he could help get it back to me. He shipped it to me that day, emailed me all the tracking information, and I received a carefully packed package the NEXT DAY with all my jewelry! Jonathan was incredibly patient and so helpful. Honestly, his level of customer service was as if I stayed at the Ritz! I highly recommend this hotel not only for the facilities but the customer service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brittanydellis

Reviewed May 20, 2011

This hotel is nice as far as being new and compared to other hotels in the area, however the staff is uneducated in customer service. They have not lost one but two of our reservations. The first one we asked for a confirmation number and was told they don't do that. When we questioned the lady she got upset and barked " you don't think I can do my job?". When we arrived for our stay our reservation could not be found. The second reservation we made was for two nights, I called to cancel one of those nights but when arrived the whole reservation had been cancelled.
I called to speak to the manager Jonathan Davies who offered no resolution to the issue only saying he would only offer one night stay as a refund but could not do a credit on our credit card then offered us good luck in our business in the center area and that was that.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Sassylady73Pei
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Had a wonderful stay. The facility was very nice with granite and tile. Clean room and bathroom. Bed had soft and firm pillows to choose from that were labeled. Front desk was very nice and accomodating.
~Did not want to stay in Center at all but it was rather pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank RareTravl3r

Reviewed July 15, 2010

I travel to Texas Once a year or so to see family. My daughters and I really enjoyed staying here. The staff was friendly and always helpful. When you have four daughters you tend to use alot of towels lol and the staff was so nice and always gave us extra ones. The staff even let my two nephews come swimming with us. I loved the weight room! Breakfast was a big help when you have so many to feed it saved me alot of money the two mornings we ate there. And it was delicious. The whole weekend was fun! We really enjoyed our stay!! We hope to make it back this year. The only complaint I have is the cost, it is a bit high when you are on a budget and have to have two rooms because of all the kids. For being in a small town the price definately needs to be lower!

2  Thank Legs2938

Reviewed January 29, 2010

I work for a reputable oilfield services company that has strict drug testing policies for its employees. This is one reason why I was shocked when I found out, 4 weeks after my stay and without management contacting me at all no less, that the owner was charging me $250 for a room cleaning fee. The claim was that there was "what looked like" marijuana remnants in the room and that someone had ruined a microwave by cooking said marijuana. Needless to say, when I asked for pictures of the damage, or a chance to see the microwave itself I was denied. The owner had no proof to back up his claims. When I brought in the recent drug tests results for myself and the employees that I had with me, he claimed I was a liar. Overall, the man was rude and stubborn, unwilling to admit he was attempting to scam me out of money. I will never stay at this hotel, nor will anyone who is an employee of my company.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank mellamoPat8820
Also consider these accommodations in or near Center
0 mi away
#1 of 1 in San Augustine
Super 8 Center
Super 8 Center
#4 of 7 in Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center? Share your experiences!