“Fish I need Long Johns”

Cuisines: Seafood
Austin, Texas
“Fish I need Long Johns”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was a drive through what can I say. What do you expect from a drive through? I enjoy their product now and then.

Visited May 2012

Leander, Texas
“Food Is Greasy”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Maybe my stomach can't handle it as well, or maybe it is just not as good. But I used to LOVE Long John Silver's. I get sick from the grease every time I eat there. If owners read this, my question is, does Texas law require fish to be made in a separate deep fryer than other items? Think about that detail. Also, look at how often the oil is changed in the fryer. This makes a big difference in quality of fish products. Anyone who say it doesn't I respectfully say, "...is wrong".

Cook fish in fresh oil changed often, and filtered at least daily. Cook fries in a separate fryer with the same rules, and never cook them in the same fryer. I don't know that this is the case, but my experienced taste buds make me suspect as much.

I love the root beer floats there with real A&W draft Root Beer, and recommend them. But I don't like the fried products. I suspect as above that it may be something to do with the oil used, but not sure. I go back periodically because I want some good fish. But I have been disappointed every one of the last three or so times, so felt I needed to write this review to encourage them to remedy the problem.

Visited June 2012
Cedar Park, Texas
“Great fish...doesn't taste 'oily and fishy'. Shrimp OK.”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Love the fish and prices. Shrimp tastes like the fish though. Fried in same oil...same batter? Still good though.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Champ039
new york
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My daughter & I spent a day in the hospital”
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My 2year old and I got food posing from this place. It was the only thing we ate other then our usual food. The doctor said that the SHRIMP had been left out to long and thats how we got sick. NEVER will i eat here again. We were throwing up and having the runs and had to be hospitalized!