“Happy Anniversary!”

CR Surf and Turf
Ranked #3 of 220 Restaurants in Cedar Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We celebrated our 49th anniversary here and the food was fantastic! We had to wait (a no brainer as this is a very popular restaurant!) but once we were seated, the service was fast and efficient.
Our food was served quickly and everything was delicious. My flat iron steak melted in my mouth! Cant say enough about the food!

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love seafood and CR Surf and Turf gets 4 thumbs up. We had an oyster and shrimp appetizer which was actually big enough to fill us up. We had a crawfish basket and a combo platter with fried catfish, shrimp, scallops, fries and a stuffed crab. Everything was super fresh and delicious. Service was a little slow at times but the food makes up for it.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Even though we live in the area, we had never been to this restaurant. We decided to try it based on the Trip Advisor comments. In the parking lot there were a lot of people out front waiting for a table - the restaurant is not big enough to have a waiting area inside. We called to check on the wait time and was told 20 minutes. That was acceptable so we parked and went in (within 5 minutes of our call) and were seated immediately. (?) The service was very good over all, however the entire restaurant had an ambience of disorganization and wait staff in over their heads. Very friendly wait staff though.

The food:
We started with the shrimp cocktail and oyster appetizer - very good and fresh.
I had the mahi topped with shrimp and crab, it was good, but overcooked so a bit on the rubbery side. Also, the fish was covered with a cajun spice - this was not listed in the menu and I would have had it taken off if I had known. My husband had the flat iron steak - it was very average and thicker than the normal flat iron. We finished with the Coconut cake which was to die for (if you like a lot of sugar like I do).

I read several reviewers mention the free, fresh potato chips to start - we did not receive those and didn't see any other table with them either.

All in all, average rating however we'll probably go back and try a few other things on the menu. We did have a very enjoyable time.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We just made our first visit, based on a reccomendation from our daughter. We went on a Friday night about 7:30 and had a 20 minute wait to get a table, but it was worth the wait. I had a bowl of gumbo which was very good and well seasoned, followed by the mahi mahi topped with shrimp and crab meat. The entree was superb. My wife had the fried catfish, which she thoroughly enjoyed. They had some very fine looking deserts as well, but no room for desert! The free home made potato chips which come with the meal were a real treat as well. We will go back!

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We looked this place up on Trip Advisor when in Cedar Park. The food portions are huge and fresh. I recommend this place to others!! Very good food!