“Surprised and pleased!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Surprised and pleased!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We arrived in Austin the afternoon of the sleet/ice storm. Once we made it to our hotel, we weren't interested in further driving that night, so we asked the hotel clerk for dinner recommendations. There were several restaurants adjacent to the hotel, so we walked across the driveway to this seafood restaurant. We were happy that we did.
We were promptly seated, and a basket of warm, homemade potato chips were brought to our table, soon followed by our drinks. Husband had the snow crab legs, which came with boiled potato and corn and the cob, and I ordered the fried catfish, served with fries and hushpuppies. Both dinners were large portions and very tasty. The service was prompt and friendly, and we enjoyed our dinner. The desserts looked tempting, but my dinner satisfied me, so we passed on dessert.
I'd definitely return and recommend to anyone looking for fresh, delicious seafood.

• Visited February 2014

Austin, Texas, USA
“Great Fresh Seafood & Good Service”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been hesitant to visit this place for awhile since it is in a strip mall, but was convinced to try it by a coworker. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was fresh & service great. There is a good variety on the menu & portions are large. Prices are afffordable. I had the fried seafood combination plate. Crab, shrimp, fish, hushpuppies, fries.

• Visited December 2013
Georgetown, Texas
“Really Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Took a couple of ladies to this restaurant on a Saturday night. It's located in a busy area with lots of strip areas, but once we got into the restaurant we were impressed with the cleanliness and how large it really was. The menu was varied with lots to choose from. Unfortunately, the waitress didn't let us know there were specials and we didn't see the specials board until after she took our orders. One thing that was really strange about the menu is that the seafood dishes are pretty much fixed with the sides and they ask you not to substitute. The steaks, chicken and non-seafood items offers all sorts of interesting side dishes you can choose from. They should really allow this for the seafood meals, as well. The ladies ordered the shrimp kabobs which they said were very fresh along with fried rice and veggies. I ordered the blackened cod which was outstanding. It was fresh and served with fried rice and fresh vegetables. It was clear CR Surf & Turf works very hard at offering meals with fresh ingredients, as well as, healthier dishes. The only drawbacks at this restaurant was the odd policy on side dishes and the service was lacking from our waitress. But the food was great!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank bohste
Austin, Texas
“Consistent Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have been dining at Surf and Turf for a few years now. Whenever I need a fried oyster fix, soft shell crab, or shrimp this is my go to spot. It's always consistent, not over fried, seasoned well. I enjoy the complimentary homemade potato chips. I was disappointed when the coleslaw came off the menu. I can round off my fried food meal with a fresh salad and steamed asparagus. The service is always friendly and good. The entrees are reasonably priced.

• Visited November 2013
Georgetown, Texas, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unexpected”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was unexpected and surprisingly good. When it got busy the service was lacking. The food was fresh. The atmosphere is very casual.

Visited November 2013