“Nice People can't stay at Cheap Hotels” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Cedar Park

Motel 6 Cedar Park
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Cedar Park
badammutterfly
“Nice People can't stay at Cheap Hotels”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were in town for a family event and just needed a hotel room to sleep. It was amazing the attitude of "our guests rip us off" this hotel has. We asked for 2 more pillows to go with the 2 flat pillows in our room. They made sure to mark that on our reservation - that we had 4 pillows BUT the pillows that were given to us were wadded up dead polyfil pillows. Globs, not pillows.

Sign on desk says to just ask for an iron, but when I did as I showed my room key, they told me I had to leave my driver's license to get an iron.

What is wrong with this picture? Nice people shouldn't stay in cheap hotels. You get treated like criminals. My mistake.

Actually, my husband and I often choose Motel 6 for inexpensive overnight lodging on the road. Spent a night in the Motel 6 in Rapid City during Bike Week, no signs telling us bikers what it was going to cost us. They went out of their way to be sure we had everything we needed.
That is why I wrote this review. Motel 6 in Cedar Park, Texas has a grumpy attitude toward guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
General_Manager_M6, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
We apologize if our policies offended you in anyway. Please believe us when we say that this is not the intention of our policies and procedures. In fact, at Motel 6 - Cedar Park, we strive to offer the highest level of customer service. We are sorry that you feel we fell short at your recent visit to our hotel.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I are faithful Motel Sixers since 2005. We mostly like there hotels because it is affordable and have accessible locations, however this little Cedar Park location surprised us. The feel of the room was very European and while small it was extremely comfortable and prices still the best. The other hotels in the area had doubled their prices because of Memorial Day Weekend and they did not. Very Clean, staff very nice and helpful and the rooms were nice and soundproof to other rooms noises. For those of you who like continental breakfast and free shampoos in the room they didn't have those extras, but that is fine for me because I know that is how they can keep their low prices. They also have a salt water pool!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank L D
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Traveled to Cedar Park for my graduation. We ended up staying 2 nights instead of just one. The hotel was booked full, but they found a way to keep us in the same rooms both nights even though we waited until the last minute to let them know. The staff was very friendly and when there was a slight miscommunication about the 2nd night, the manager stepped right up and said it was their fault and was very apologetic. The rooms were very clean and had a really cool modern look. My son loved the salt water pool (I wasn't getting in that cold thing). The only complaint I have is the beds were very hard. The coolest thing was the peacock that showed up in the parking lot! If you want fancy, this isn't it. If you want clean and affordable, this is the perfect place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

After less than an hour in our room, my wife found a bug crawling in our bed. Per the assistant GM, it was not a bed bug so there was nothing to worry about. He was very dismissive.....the perferred response: how about "I'm so sorry there was an insect inside your room". The solution was to give us another room. Which was reasonable on a basic level, if we still wanted to stay.

We decided to check out and ask for a refund after being there for an hour. The assistant GM explained that it was longer than 15 minutes after we checked in so we would be charged a full night. After some discussion where I explained how that was unreasonable, this assistant GM, rudely refunded us our money. No apologies and he actually seemed annoyed and frustrated that someone who found a bug in their bed may want to check out of the hotel. He was even more annoyed that we went passed this unwritten 15 minutes rule to decide not to stay.

Not an ounce of even basic customer service was demonstrated here. In situations like this is when managers should step up to the plate and turn a bad situation into a good one. He just made a bad situation worse.

To top it off, although the inside of the hotel seemed newer the outside is not. Poor landscaping or lack there of. Sketchy people outside the front lobby entrance fixing a half broken down truck and some worker enjoying a 6 pack near the parking lot entrance. Also saw 2 bug in the lobby during the enjoyable checking out experience,

Avoid this hotel.....

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Mike577
General_Manager_M6, Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
We apologize that you feel you received less than adequate customer service. We at Motel 6 - Cedar Park strive to offer rooms at an affordable price along with superior customer service and cleanliness. Unfortunately the much needed rain in this area may have brought one or two small insects in through our automatic door. We apologize for any uneasiness this may have caused you and your wife during your visit to our motel.
Management
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

I am from out of stat and had to stay in Cedar Park over the Christmas Holiday while my daughter was in the hospital there. The staff went out of their way to make it a pleasent time for us. Their kindness really helped make our time there a lot less stressfull. Would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Kyle, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night to get away. The rooms look modern and the place was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The bed was a little stiff, but we loved it overall.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

First time I was "evicted" from a motel, I am a very busy travel nurse & was shocked to be informed that my suite was "already booked to someone else" when I went to extend for another week.Mgr was not nice, owner even meaner, told me I had to leave when I suggested to her - to possibly inform people they needed 45 hrs to re-book their room - put me in a tiny room, with paper thin walls and was not happy. Asked if they now have a suite - she said you have to leave in the am B/C OBVIOUSLY SHE DIDNT WANT ANYONE TO POINT ANYTHING OUT ABOUT HOW UNKIND SHE AND HER MGR WERE RUDE TO PEOPLE. Housekeepers, other staff members, complaining and giving their notice...not a good people person - this owner or MGR (who was a male) Parking lot blocked off regarding some dispute with yet another person. Too bad, would be a great motel (clean etc) if they had new mgt / owner - not classy at all!!!!!

Room Tip: Get an end room, walls are paper thin - Do not suggest anything to the woman owner - she will get ve...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelgirl3643
General_Manager_M6, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
We are sorry that you feel that Management was not friendly. We do educate all our long-term guests about our extension policy, which requests that they give us advance notice. We do this, so that we can best accommodate both our current guests and the guests that have reservations to arrive at our location. The last thing we want is to displace any of our guests as we do appreciate their business. This is why we found a different room to accommodate your needs since all the room types you preferred were booked by arriving guests.
When we saw your comments about our staff, we discussed it with both the management and on-duty staff. We could not find any staff members who concur with your statements.
We make every effort to provide guests with a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We are sorry that yours was not.