All reviewsexperience at la quintawafflesroom was cleanfree nightbiscuits and gravywithin mileswill stay there againexcellent hotelearly checknice sizerecommend this hotelnice place to staycerealdallaspillowsdeskaccommodations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel, it's staff and value were all GREAT!!! The breakfast was plentiful. The hotel was very clean and accommodating. Convenient location as well!! I was really glad that the hotel was non smoking, I took my youth from my church for a sleepover and they enjoyed it so much, especially the swimming pool!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As I business traveler I was scheduled here for a week. The hotel fills with kids from the local sports venue (I noticed this on a previous post but that usually isn't a problem). Well it is. Kids yelling, laughing banging around until after midnight. I called the front desk to complain and the response was that they can't control what they guests do. Well, they are right - I checked out after two nights. This is a party hotel- I can't believe any business person would find this relaxing or appropriate for a good night's sleep. Maybe it was just my floor, but when I asked to switch rooms I was treated as if I was being unreasonable. Shame on you La Quinta. This is one awful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. My husband and I were traveling cross country with our dog. We stayed at this hotel and I will say that this was THE CLEANEST pet friendly hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was clean, there was absolutely no odor from pets in the room, elevator, lobby or common areas. Clean sheets, bath, etc. There is a guest laundry on the second floor that cost $1 to wash and $1 to dry. I only had one complaint and that was that the breakfast was not very appealing. Otherwise, this was a great stay for us and we would definitely stay again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

By reading excellent reviews, I thought this was a great place to put up multiple family members coming for a surprise birthday for my wife...could not have been more WRONG! Unbelievable.

Room #1: my son and family found a previous customer had vomited in the sink and it had only been partially cleaned out. Stench was horrific. My 11 month old grandson found cereal on the floor where it had been poorly vacuumed and was eating it before he could be stopped. Hotel provided a pac-n-play for him to sleep in...it was so badly stained and soiled, they had to use extra bathroom towels to cover the mattress before they could put him in it.

Room #2: family had Do Not Disturb sign in door until 11:00 a.m., removed sign and left for the day. Returned at 9:00 p.m. and room had not been cleaned and serviced. Front desk staff was very argumentative and defensive when it was called to their attention and actually blamed family for having sign in door, as if house keeping only gave you one chance to have your room cleaned! Never said "I'm sorry." or, "What can we do for you to make this right?"

#3: breakfast food and its poor quality was topic of ongoing conversations among some of the people in dining area...my family found it below average at best.

Overall attitude of staff was as if guests were an inconvenience.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Before selecting this hotel, I read reviews for places in the area. This hotel's high rating swayed me to book it. Trip Advisor proved correct as I would rate it a 4.75 based on my two night stay. The hotel is easily accessible from any direction and doesn't require any difficult maneuvers to find it. Considering the price, it was more than reasonable. Understaffing, some loose parts in the bathroom and a/c, plus a lackluster breakfast were really only minor flaws. This is definitely the place I plan to use when visiting Cedar Hill during the year. Stephanie at the front desk deserves the Top Staffer prize.

Room Tip: Don't like their toilet paper? Bring your own.