All reviewsexperience at la quintawafflesroom was cleanfree nightbiscuits and gravywithin mileswill stay there againexcellent hotelearly checknice sizerecommend this hotelnice place to staycerealdallaspillowsdeskaccommodations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

By reading excellent reviews, I thought this was a great place to put up multiple family members coming for a surprise birthday for my wife...could not have been more WRONG! Unbelievable.

Room #1: my son and family found a previous customer had vomited in the sink and it had only been partially cleaned out. Stench was horrific. My 11 month old grandson found cereal on the floor where it had been poorly vacuumed and was eating it before he could be stopped. Hotel provided a pac-n-play for him to sleep in...it was so badly stained and soiled, they had to use extra bathroom towels to cover the mattress before they could put him in it.

Room #2: family had Do Not Disturb sign in door until 11:00 a.m., removed sign and left for the day. Returned at 9:00 p.m. and room had not been cleaned and serviced. Front desk staff was very argumentative and defensive when it was called to their attention and actually blamed family for having sign in door, as if house keeping only gave you one chance to have your room cleaned! Never said "I'm sorry." or, "What can we do for you to make this right?"

#3: breakfast food and its poor quality was topic of ongoing conversations among some of the people in dining area...my family found it below average at best.

Overall attitude of staff was as if guests were an inconvenience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Before selecting this hotel, I read reviews for places in the area. This hotel's high rating swayed me to book it. Trip Advisor proved correct as I would rate it a 4.75 based on my two night stay. The hotel is easily accessible from any direction and doesn't require any difficult maneuvers to find it. Considering the price, it was more than reasonable. Understaffing, some loose parts in the bathroom and a/c, plus a lackluster breakfast were really only minor flaws. This is definitely the place I plan to use when visiting Cedar Hill during the year. Stephanie at the front desk deserves the Top Staffer prize.

Room Tip: Don't like their toilet paper? Bring your own.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff from top to bottom was great and provided me with excellent service in a timely manner. I have chosen the Cedar Hill la Quinta as my choice for all my monthly business stays. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great deals and decent breakfast, just get to it before the big families take it over...LOL!
You simply couldn't do better for a mid-priced hotel stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I arrived the person checking people is was sitting on the sofa eating. I arrived at 1 pm asking to check in and was told no rooms would be available before 3 pm. I left disappointed.

When I returned the check-in went smoothly. We found the room to be clean and very accommodating. the bed was comfortable.

The AC door to controls fell off in my hand, the AC was running warmer than the temp on the read-out. To get comfortable I had to set the AC at 62.

Breakfast was a very big disappointment, when I arrived at 8:45 a.m., there were no eggs or sausage and only a couple pieces of fruit, I should have grabbed one at that time. I waited 15 minutes in line to get to the waffle maker and then when I finished my waffles about 15 minutes later the eggs came out. 10 minutes later the sausage was done. There was no more fruit to put out. The water container was empty. For three people working this area it seemed very disorganized. There were not enough tables available to sit everybody.

The bathroom fixtures on the wall were askew. No big deal.

We found this hotel to be very noisy in the halls and the people above us were up and down all night.

For being a fairly new hotel I found it to be very disorganized, lack of policy and controls, mismanaged and in disorder.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was located close to shopping and restaurants. It is just a few minutes from Target, Best Buy, and Costco. I moved to this hotel after having a very bad experience at the Holiday Inn (Cedar Hill). LaQuinta offered a better experience at a better price ($30/night cheaper).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family