“Luxurious, excellent food, excellent service, beautiful landscaping”

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedar Creek
GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Luxurious, excellent food, excellent service, beautiful landscaping”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I brought a group of 180 people to the resort for a big convention. First of all, the grounds are immaculate with beautiful gardens, longhorns, horses and donkeys. Our attendees raved about the golf course and really enjoyed the outdoor venues. We had two events at the LBJ Pavilion, which overlooks the river and it was as pretty as a postcard. The service was outstanding, everyone loved their sleeping rooms, and the food was fantastic! The meeting rooms were comfortable and everyone was so accommodating. We had a few hiccups along the way, which is to be expected with a group our size, but everything was corrected to our satisfaction. I would not hesitate to bring our group back to the resort, nor would I hesitate to go back on vacation to enjoy a nice, relaxing trip without having to work the whole time! This resort is absolutely a win!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony so that you can sit out and enjoy a cup of coffee and the beautiful...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hello! We are so happy to know you consider our resort a win for you and your group! Thank you for sharing your feedback with others. Your kind words mean so much to us. We deeply apologize for the hiccups encountered while you were with us, but we are delighted to know you are satisfied with the course we took to correct those. We are so happy to know that you would consider returning for a group event or vacation. It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Love this place but be prepared- because this resort is so large, everything is very spread out. This is minor in comparison to all the resort has to offer. Friendly staff, rooms were very clean, and there are so many activity options. Family friendly!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank GLR1112
Greetings! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here. It is so good to know that you found the staff to be friendly, the activities plentiful and our setting to be scenic and pleasing! We would be delighted to welcome you back for another stay and hope to have the opportunity to do just that, very soon!
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying this property is huge and gorgeous. My husband was pleasantly surprised by the amazing friendliness from the front desk staff. I would like to thank Jason ( I think that's his name) he did everything in his power to make our 5th anniversary special by wine and chocolates to an upgraded room.

The pool is super nice. My husband and I don't have kids so it was nice to have the adults only area.

Food was good, drinks were a little water down at the pool bar.

We would totally go back! Like I said this is the IDEAL place to go if you have children there are so many activities and fun events!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello! Thank you so much for spending your 5th anniversary with us! We are so happy to know you enjoyed your time here. We will be certain to compliment Jason on his exemplary service shown to you and your husband. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed the adult pool, wine, chocolates and upgraded room. We sincerely hope to welcome you back for another stay, very soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had read rave reviews about this property and was quite the sceptic. But this hotel truly lived up to all it's rave reviews and we couldn't have been happier. At check in, I requested a room that had easy access to the elevator and Bethany at the counter was so helpful. However, there was a small problem with our key cards and she assured us that it would be sent right over to our room. And sure enough our key cards were delivered within a few minutes with a lovely card from Bethany and a box of Godiva. Service was definitely exemplary. The property itself is beautiful.
There were lots of activities for the children. We tried only 2 restaurants on the property. Shellers and the Firewheel Cafe. It felt good that the staff ( Shawnda at Shellers) recognized us on the second day and exchanged pleasantries. We biked around the property, did the tractor ride , swam in the pool and the lazy river, ate the s'mores and watched the family movie under the stars.... It truly was a perfect getaway. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello and many thanks for sharing your review with other travelers. We are delighted to know we met and exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. We will be certain to let Bethany and Shawnda know that they made a lasting impression and made your stay extra special. We hope to welcome you back for another stay very soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I attended at wedding at the resort, and it was really well done by the hotel staff, at least from the guests' point of view.
But the hotel itself also delivered on a fine experience - friendly welcome, a well designed and very clean room, good dining (the wedding catering was excellent, too), and a great setting along the Colorado River. We took a hike alongside the river, and on the edge of the golf course -really beautiful.
Despite it being a 'family' resort, the large property absorbed the noise of the child guests well, and thus you could relax in the 'adult pool' area and the rest of the property, too. But there were a lot of activities for kids, and so that makes for a great family resort.
Overall, an excellent experience and met or exceeded the usual Hyatt standards.

Room Tip: A higher floor room with a river view would be preferable. It is a large hotel, so if mobility is a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello! We are thrilled that the happy occasion of a Hyatt Lost Pines wedding brought you to our resort. It is wonderful to know that you were pleased with the organization of the wedding events, that you enjoyed the meals you had while with us - and that you were able to soak in some quiet and relaxing pool time and scenic walks as well. We are delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and would be so happy to welcome you back for another stay. Until we see you next - we wish you warm sunshine and happy trails!
St Andrews
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had a good three day stay here at the start of a gruelling business trip - and I must say that it was a good choice.

Even though it was the start of spring break (and so lots of kids) the rooms were really peaceful, spotlessly clean and very comfortable.

Didnt manage to try out many of the facilities (it was raining!) but there is a heck of a lot to do (for all ages).

So, it is a great hotel, and what makes it all the better is that it has a fantastic staff - all incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello! Thank you so much for sharing your kind thoughts with others! We are so happy that you enjoyed your three-day stay at our resort. It is great to know that you found plenty to do and had a peaceful stay. We hope you'll return for another stay - it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed here for a small convention for three nights and had a great experience.

The property itself is picturesque. It is in the geographic center of nowhere (30 minutes from Austin airport- opposite side of city), but it is on so much land that you get the feeling nothing else is there. There is a great golf course on property, as well as hiking and running trails. The adjoining nature preserve looked great, although I didn't venture there.
The pool scene looked great- I wish I had my family with me. There is also a disc golf course and basketball goal.

The dining was great too. I ate in 3 of the four restaurants while there and had wonderful experiences in all of them.

What stands out most to me is the staff. They are super-friendly and helpful at every turn. Everyone from the pool attendents to the housekeepers to the front desk all made me feel truly valued.

This is a great family hotel. Often, that is irritating as a business traveler. In this case, however, it was great. Seeing kids everywhere having a wonderful time was quite refreshing.

There were two things made it 4 stars instead of 5 for me- and both are small.
1. Leaving in a cab was chaos. I arranged a 5:00 am cab with the concierge and it didn't show. I was downstairs at 4:50 waiting. Luckily someone else didn't show for their cab at 5:15 so that guy took me. That could have been trouble on an early flight. I really think the hotel should consider a shuttle service when they have confernces ending- I would have gladly paid.
2. Housekeeping lacks some basic skills. While I didn't have a dirty room, I was disappointed that there was a random bowl in plane site just under the bed and some big crumbs under there too. I didn't want to complain over something relatively minor- I figured they'd get it the next day. However, it stayed there the whole time- it may still be there.

Room Tip: My room was great- I get the feeling most are. Mine looked out the back of the property- towards th...
Green Features: I didn't notice the eco-practices. I guess thats the best kind?
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback! We are so happy that your conference led you to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa! We are thrilled that you found the setting picturesque and scenic, and that you enjoyed the meals you had while with us. Your feedback is very important to us, and we are especially grateful for the areas of opportunity you shared with us. We will evaluate our transportation procedures and connect with our housekeeping department to ensure that no detail goes overlooked. We sincerely hope to welcome you back for another stay soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Creek
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 201 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!